At last, a chance to test my lights

Bernard Cristobal

Newly Enlightened
i've been a member for quite sometime now. been mostly lurking though.

I just wanted to share my experience last night, it was the first really test for 2 of my lights.

I recently purchased a Fenix P1DCE(last week). I was very impressed with its output that my then EDC the Fenix L1P was relegated to my wife's car's glove compartment. I have a L2P in my car.

Last night, i was using my wife's car when I got a call from my dad. His car was overheating. He was parked in the middle of the soccer field of a school that was about 30 kms away from the village where we lived. HE was there to attend a prayer rally in the school's gym. IT was dark last night with no moon out. I went to the school to find my dad using lights which where lent to him by the school's guards.

the car trouble was not really unfixable. We just had to refill the radiator a few times, but the lights they were using was close to useless. Anyway, I came to the scene. I placed the L1P in the top of the Hood via the hood's locking mechanism to light up the whole engine and I operated the P1DCE. I was using the P1DCE on the "normal" mode before it became a bit too warm to hold so I place it on "dim" mode.

It was good that we had two lights with us since the guard dropped the radiator cap into the engine. It took me and my dad about 10mins to find it.

It took us about an hour to work the car before we could drive home in convoy. Both lights worked well, with the L1P dimming a bit towards the end of the period. It was running on a NiCad battery which I have not charge since Christmas 2006. There was no noticeable change in the brightness of the P1DCE through out the whole session.

needless to say, I was very happy that I had both lights with me last night.

I was just so glad I was able to help my dad with his situation.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there welcome to CPF. Thanks for sharing your story. Its good being a flashaholic. Even better helping others especially loved ones.....

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always love an opportunity to put my lights to work :) Welcome to CPF and glad to hear you got your Dad home ok....

CanadaBright

Newly Enlightened
Bernard Cristobal said:
I was just so glad I was able to help my dad with his situation.

Also a great present idea, your Dad needs a good light of his own.......

Bernard Cristobal

Newly Enlightened
To All,
Thanks for the encouragin posts

to CanadaBright,
I already gave him one ( I guess we flashlight enthusiasts think alike).

To T4R06,
Thanks, for the welcome. I guess you have it good/better there. Here, I have to exert a bit more effort to get my hands on decent lights.

Bernard

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks for sharing the story. It's sure nice to live life with good reliable lights close at hand. What wonderful tools they are. :)

Latest posts