bFlex Voltage Warning: Don't know what to set it to..

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened
:oops:....I have a nice Icarus magmod with George's bFlex. Going to send it to a friend as a gift, but I think I zeroed out the low battery warning. I would reset the bFlex but I am not sure if it should be set according to the light's specs. or according to preference. I don't even know where to begin with that menu option, really.

I sent a PM to Icarus a while ago, although I see he is not able to respond right now.

I would greatly appreciate some quick tech support! :green:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being that Freddy built the light, I am gonna assume it's running li-ion batteries? How many batteries is the light powered by?

Just some food for thought, you may try PM'ing AW with this question. I have a quad-luxIII built by Icarus as well, and it has the bFlex interface. Since I was using some of AW's batteries in the light, I contacted him reguarding the low voltage setting. He suggested I use 3.2V each for unprotected cells. I am running 6x17670's, so I use a voltage of 19.2(6x3.2).

And who is this lucky friend that is recieving an Icarus creation as a gift?!!!? Can I be your friend? :whistle: :naughty: :grin2:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I think Strauss has it right. I think the highest you can set the bFlex to is 20.0 volts, so that was where I ended up setting my Icarus Tri-Cree with 6x17500 Li-Ion batteries.

I think you can just measure the output of your holder to get an idea of a starting place. Mine measured between 24 and 25 volts to start with since the batteries individually came off the charger at around 4.2 volts each.

I wasn't to worried since I was using protected cells, but it is a nice extra protection measure to have.

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened
Guy's, thank you. That's a teriffic start for me. Now I have the idea, and I think I will PM AW, tonight. The light runs on 4 14670s.

My friend is a family friend who started me with my first light, a hand-cranking army green scuba light, circa 1969ish, I am guessing. It was cool at the time. Now, I am just returning the favor. I have been meaning to post a picture of it here on the CPF. Good return, huh?

Thanks again.