LumaRay's Newest Flashlight (FL6 Yellow Fog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

watts242

Newly Enlightened
Wednesday, April 18th, 2007

Hey there everyone,

It appears as if the extremely innovative wizards of LumaRay (Ed and Phil) have a new version of their cutting edge LumaRay flashlight coming out soon. It is called the "FL6 Yellow Fog" and appears to be geared toward illumination during fog like conditions using a technology which they have coined "FOFS (Fluorescent Optical Filter System)". Looks like this update to their site was added on Saturday, April 14th, 2007.

A link to the new FL6 Yellow Fog can be accessed at:

http://www.lumaray.com/fog_preview_800.html

And here is a summary of the article:

Safety!

ncreasing your vision or be seen easily as a signage in a foggy night, to save you from what could be an accident are vital to nighttime safety. Bad storms and foul weather can be horrific, especially when most of your vision is blocked by it. Normal incandescent yellow fog lights today can get hot and burn out easily. An LED based fog light would be the ideal type of light to use because of the high efficiency and long life operation time. This is where LED technology is taken to the next level. [/left]
[/color][/font]

A simple lens type filter may reduce the brightness. To date there is NO LED manufacturer that can produce a pure yellow LED bright enough or cost comparable to a normal incandescent fog lamp. However, the LumaRay fog beam design uses a different approach.

How does it work?

FOFS (Fluorescent Optical Filter System)

The optical lens is impregnated with an enhanced fluorescent pigment. The fluorescent pigment is excited by using a white, blue, or near UV LED light source to produce the fluorescent yellow light color necessary for the task. The optics then further concentrate the color intensity and the light altogether. With the right mixture of fluorescent dye, it will produce a fog light with a yellow color light stream (~570nm) that improves vision in poor weather conditions during DAYTIME or NIGHTTIME.

The new FOFS LED fog light technology benefits numerous applications such as outdoor recreation, cycling, automotive, marine sports, signage and professional markets (i.e. fire fighters and military personnel). The yellow light is also less likely to attract insects, making it ideal for campers, hikers, or areas with heavy insect activity.

The FL6 is the first flashlight that uses the new FOFS technology producing a yellow fog beam that opens up a path in foul weather, piercing through foggy conditions.

To learn more, please visit our website www.LumaRay.com.

ETA: Late May/June 2007 | MSRP: $TBA$

Copyright 2005-2007 LumaRay, LLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

bryan24

Newly Enlightened
Don't LED's (even yellow ones)have problems with fog?? More then incandescent.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the sake of marketing, you guys should continue to post under the Lumaray handle.

Use your unique CPF handle for your personal posts.

Retinator

Enlightened
Looks interesting. I just don't get a lot of fog where I am, though it's fun to play in.

The Lumarays look good, I'd just like to see them regulated.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenlight said:
For the sake of marketing, you guys should continue to post under the Lumaray handle.

Use your unique CPF handle for your personal posts.

This really is an odd first post this person has made, but I doubt it is Phil ("Lumaray"). I met Phil at the LA Flashapalooza and he really doesn't seem like the type of guy who's going to be spamming his products on CPF. I'm wondering what's going here. I don't think this post was made by anybody at Lumaray, and it only has their signature at the bottom, because this is a page cut from their website. I'm guessing the post is made by a Lumaray fan?

watts242

Newly Enlightened
Yeah ... sorry guys. I posted this as a fan of LumaRay's flashlights. I did a quick search on the CPF and was unable to locate anything with regard to this version of the FL-6 Fog. If there was (and I see that there is indeed a previous thread for it), then in my quick scan of the threads didn't show it. My bad. Sorry, but I am new the the CPF and I apologize for the extra post. Also, I was not trying to come across as being a representative of LumaRay, as I thought that my CPF tag and opening address regarding both Ed and Phil at LumaRay would be self explanatory.

Take care,

watts242

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Alrighty then, let's close this one and continue in the link posted by the PhantomPhoton!

:thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.