EV & Turq. q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Frederick

Enlightened
EV & Turq. q\'s

Hey guys,

For those who are lucky enough to own both the reg. turquoise and the EV AAA- is there a discernable difference in the beams of the two? Can you tell if the EV is brighter? I know that a light meter can tell the difference but can your eyes?

Also, if I buy a new turquoise right now, will it be a 3.1? I'm curious if it will have a roll crimp, full kem-coating (sp?), and HA III?

John Frederick

Enlightened
Re: EV & Turq. q\'s

Hello, anybody home?
smile.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have both, and can't really tell much difference. I don't really think its worth going to any trouble to get one. The latest release of a regular Arc AAA turquoise should do well enough for most purposes.

Graham

Steelhead

Newly Enlightened

If I'm not mistaken the latest release of turq. are all ev's. As far as I know all turq. will be ev until such bulbs run out of stock.
I may be incorrect but as far as I know this was the plan.
IMHO the ev is brighter to the eye. I have not seen an ev 3.1. Not sure if there is such a beast out there???? Just bought one a week ago(not 3.1). Bought one 2 months ago(not 3.1).

Darell

Flashaholic

As far as I know, the only dealer with EV's is TTS. So buying direct from Arc or TTS is the only ways I know of getting an EV for sure. Assuming either place still has stock. I know for a fact that other dealers have non EV turquoise stock. I have no idea what version they might be, since they don't turn over nearly as fast as the white.

But say it with me: I've been wrong before.

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened

I think all I have are EV's, so I'm not sure on the brightness. All I can say for sure is that they compare very favorably against a white Arc AAA. The ones I purchased from TTS in June had no chemkote inside, and did not have the roll-crimp. I'm not sure, but I think they are HA III.

Status
Not open for further replies.