Need Advice Confused about Targets Victorinox Inova Led

lightinsky

Enlightened
Hi cpfer's I picked up the 2AA Victorinox Inova Led that comes with a tinker swiss victorinox knife as a set for $34.99. I wanted to know if anyone here knows wether or not the 2AA Led I got at Target is the same as the one on swissarmy.com that says the 2AA is 4.8 Watts. If it isn't the same then what is the Watts since both Targets and swissarmy.com look identical unless the emitter has been changed or improved. Any helpful incite would be appreciated.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a pic of the LED. Yesterday I looked at the 2W 2AAA vic and the 4.8 W 2AA light and I don't know what kind of LEDs they were, they definitely weren't Luxeons.

The 2W 2aaa looked like some sort of rectangular surface mount chip, no lens or dome on it. The 4.8W 2AA looked a bit like a luxeon but with some minor differences, It only had a single die.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
cave dave said:
Take a pic of the LED. Yesterday I looked at the 2W 2AAA vic and the 4.8 W 2AA light and I don't know what kind of LEDs they were, they definitely weren't Luxeons.

The 2W 2aaa looked like some sort of rectangular surface mount chip, no lens or dome on it. The 4.8W 2AA looked a bit like a luxeon but with some minor differences, It only had a single die.

Is the 2W 2xAAA light similar at all to the new Bolt series of Inova lights? I just picked up a couple of the 2xAAA Bolt lights and they are pretty nice, but the beam is pretty soft so it 'seems' less bright than many of the premium 1W R-bin lights.

Retinator

Enlightened
Victorinox seems to have recently updated their LEDs. Now as for a combo package, they may still be using the old LEDs (which I don't know anything about unfortunately).

My guess is, if it doesn't say which, they're probably the older models.

The new lights are based of the Bolt series and the originals are based on the Radiant series, which didn't last very long.

Remember, the higher the LED, the lower the runtime will probably be, at higher brightness of course.

DaveG

Enlightened
I think Target has the older model,If I remember right the beam throw is not the same from back of Target pkg,150 ft or so vs Inova web site as 225.Just my guess.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz2 said:
Is the 2W 2xAAA light similar at all to the new Bolt series of Inova lights? I just picked up a couple of the 2xAAA Bolt lights and they are pretty nice, but the beam is pretty soft so it 'seems' less bright than many of the premium 1W R-bin lights.

cratz2 is there any chance of posting your impressions, or perhaps even a brief review, of the Bolt 2AAA?

I'm a big fan of 2AAA lights and so far informed opinion on the Bolt 2AAA has been rather sparse.