Bummer, my Terralux drop-in crapped out

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I jusy got my Terralux drop-in from MattK at batteryjunction. I installed it into my 3D with 4C cells, and it worked good for about 10sec then started to flicker and output dropped like crazy. Now, it won't even power up sometimes and when it does, it is VERY dim. I have tried it in other Mags with no success, so I know the module is broken. I don't know what happened?? I am positive that it doesn't work as I have tried everything.

It WAS bright for the few seconds it worked, so I emailed them about getting a replacement. I have all my packaging material, and am ready to send this one back. I can't wait to get my replacement....hopefully this one works OK. This is exactly why I like to order from dealers that are repuatable on here, good customer service. I am not worried about getting my module replaced..but it sucks because I was excited to use it today, and now I have to wait longer :thumbsdow

CancerLad

Newly Enlightened
Mine flickered when I first flipped the switch and that was all. I should be getting the replacement in a couple of days.

Last edited:

Argon

Newly Enlightened
Brought one for my uncle, he came back to me as it was not working. He put in the incandesent lamp which worked but the drop in didn't, he also said that when he first put the teralux in the 4D mag it started to smoke. So the first thing i did was open the battery compartment and low and behold the battries were in backwards, i was expecting it to be fried but it still worked!:thumbsup: