New SureFire L5.....questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxlover

Banned
I just received my SureFire 2007 Illumination Tools catalog. On page 35, the runtime of the new L5 light (120lm output instead of 100lm output) is listed as 4.5 hours. How much of that refers to the 120lm output level? How many drops in levels occur before the cells must be replaced?

Can the L5 use a pair of R123 cells, i.e. can it handle the 8.4v combined voltage without incurring any damage to the regulation circuitry or the Cree emitter?

I do realize that the light is not yet stocked by the dealers.. But somebody must know about the light without having handled it or tested it. :whistle:

Thank you.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think you'll have to ask PK for you answers. I don't think any one here has actually handled the new L5, not including people who went to Shot Show.

BBL

Enlightened
... and the people who actually were at Shot Show 2007 are very succesfull at keeping any information about the new surefires a secret ...

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt anyone except PK and the guys at the surefire factory have held the production models yet. I'm not sure of the final prototype has been all settled, agreed upon, etc and even started in mass production at the factory for that matter. Everything at the 2007 shot show was prototype from what I understand, and the 007 catalog was rushed out before a lot of details were ironed out. So I wouldn't count too much on what the catalog says.

luxlover

Banned
PhantomPhoton said:
I doubt anyone except PK and the guys at the surefire factory have held the production models yet. I'm not sure of the final prototype has been all settled, agreed upon, etc and even started in mass production at the factory for that matter. Everything at the 2007 shot show was prototype from what I understand, and the 007 catalog was rushed out before a lot of details were ironed out. So I wouldn't count too much on what the catalog says.
I totally agree, since among other things the L6 and L7 lights were excluded from the catalog.

Yesterday (4/20) at 11AM I wrote an email to size15's, asking him my questions. I have not yet received a reply. Today at 8AM I forwarded that same email to another one of his email addresses, the one I found in his CPF profile. We shall see what becomes of both of them. :whistle: I will post any reply.

Jeff

Correction:
The L7 WAS NOT excluded from the catalog. See P73.

Last edited:

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
ok....I feel lame...I dont know what you guys mean when you write "bump":huh2:
have seen it in sales threads...

enlighteen me please!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
FlashSpyJ said:
ok....I feel lame...I dont know what you guys mean when you write "bump":huh2:
have seen it in sales threads...

enlighteen me please!
It just means, bump this thread to the top of the list basically.

The new L5 is alot more beefy than the old, the light is a tank! I fondled one at SHOT & the SF party. To answer your question though, my guess is maybe 90 minutes in regulation. :shrug:

AlecGold

Enlightened
hehey luxlover, out of the HDS cave?
I'm also ver much interested in one very nice L5, but I'm still waiting until the NEW L5 comes out. HDS doesn't seem to come with a new light before 2015 and I reaaaaally need my fix :D Although a McGizmo Titanium light does do the trick for several weeks/months. If not just for the money-drain on my wallet :D

@PSM, do you mean the light is fully rebuild? it is more in the alikes of the M-series?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Since this thread is basically void of relevant information it serves no purpose except consuming bandwidth and confusing searches.
It is closed, but another one may be started later when more answers are likely to come forth.
Thanx.
bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.