New Light! Battery question (RC AA Batteries)

zulu45

Enlightened
I just picked up a River Rock 1AA 1 Watt (Technically a Nuwai X-1) and am loving this. After giving my Fenix L2P to my mother, I was looking for a nice replacement that was cheap, and this seems like the best decision, given that it out-performs the Fenix L1P. I'm not too big a fan of ordering via the mail, and these being available at Target was a huge selling point. Ease of replacability is a huge selling point for me. So far, loving it.

Anyway, my question has to do with batteries. Obviously, NiMH is the way to go, but I've noticed that my Energizer 2500 mAh. But, and I've seen others had this problem in the past, that the batteries are snug fitting, tight, or just sticking in place.

So my question would be, out of all the ones "easily available" such as those at Wal-Mart, which are the slimmest to avoid this problem? I'd prefer to have at LEAST 2000 mAh, no less, preferably 2500 or higher.

zulu45

Enlightened
Tried doing a search, but didn't yield easy results, but thanks for the info. I'll look into those, hopefully they work out.

zulu45

Enlightened
Can't seem to find those batteries listed on any of the websites such as Best Buy, Circuit City, or Wal-Mart. Yet, I've been trying for the past hour to find a topic listing them, doing various searches, but I can't find anything about the specifics of those batteries. Can anybody provide a link to one of those discussions?

EDIT: I looked into the information about the Rayovac Hybrids, I'm intrigued. I'm hoping to find these, first of all. They seem nice. I see them listed on the Target website, and listed as "In Stores", which ironically I was just in today to get the light. :scowl: I'm wondering as to the mAh, though, of them.

EDIT 2: Come to think of it, I'm going to try the Sanyo's first... just gotta find em. :D

Last edited:

Northernflame

Newly Enlightened
Hi.

Yeah the new Sanyo and energizer 2700+mAH nimh's are not everywhere just yet..

As for the Rayovac hybrids.. I pray that those are not those "RAM" Rechagable alkaline they tried promoting years ago. Same batteries produced by "Pure Energy inc".

Constantly leak acid, casings are about as resiliant as toilet paper. Requires a special recharger (no exceptions). Oh yeah! I've tested them alright :(

Good Luck

zulu45

Enlightened
Well, found out that Circuit City carries them, so I plan on driving there tomorrow morning to pick up a pack. The hybrids say they can be charged in any NiMH charger, I hope the same is for the Sanyo batteries.

rivethead147

Newly Enlightened
to respond to your first post, the tight fitting is from the material wrapping the battery and another to consider is if the tolerance on the light you bought is off. unfortunately, batteries are not something you want to sand down to tolerance and the kind of tooling and skill neccessary to change the tolerance to the light is another matter. try taking a look at the package of the light and should show a production stamp, go exchange it and find a package outside of the production area. the average quality check is every 1000, so the numeriacal set has to eclipse a 1000 to be out of the production range.

if the next ligh tyou get is the same result, than it's bad design

zulu45

Enlightened
I think that was my mistake, heh, totally forgot that there was even a battery forum... chalk that up for stupidity on my part... :D I picked up the Sanyo batteries, though, and they fit perfectly, so I'm all set!