• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Temporarily closed: 1C Aspheric Maglites **Now with beamshots**

RCatR

Enlightened
Here it is folks, the next step in evolution:
1C/Lion Aspheric Maglites

The 50mm lens is recessed behind the crown, keeping it safe and sound. An oring keeps the light watertight. Perfectly centered on a custom heatsink a P4-WH binned Cree XR-E will be powered by a GDxxx, giving a nice consistent ouput. The stock mag comes cutdown to just the right length-using the stock switch it allows for 14500, 1C Li-Ion, or 18650(if you switch out springs)[$130]. Using one of modamag's tail clickies[$175] you can request a matching extension tube that will allow for 18650 use[+$15].
Here are photos from some prototype builds. Note that some builds were done on D sized mags, however the internals in either will allow for the same build quality.

The beamshot below was taken underground, running a P4 at only 500 mA; the range was approximately 600ft.

1C stock switch with modified tailcap + 18650 spacer $130
Using modamag tailclickie $175
Extension to convert tailclickie to 18650-$15

I had to bump up prices for orders after 4/26/07 due to nickels, dimes, and lots more driving around than I originally planned on

I can usually get Pewter and Black, if you would like your light stripped to bare aluminum please add $10.

I require payment of at least 50% up front so that I can order the parts I don't have on hand. Once a significant number of people have signed up/paid I will order the parts and begin turning out heatsinks and turning down mags.

I'm a full time college student, my classes may interefere with the production of these lights. That being said, it shouldn't take me any longer than a week and a half to build these. If you would like any customizations from my modifications thread PM me and I'll get a quote back to you.

All orders are shipped insured via USPS, international please add $10
International will be shipped insured unless USPS wants an outrageous amount(I was once quoted a $50 charge for a declared $80 package). In that case I will be contacting you before shipping to work something out.

Paypal preffered, PM me for other payment options.
mstang70 {at} twcny.rr.com

Post here when signing up, and please include the following details when paying via paypal:

CPF Handle
Order details
Current you want the regulator set to(1A maximum)
shipping address

ex:
CPF# JD_likes_lights
1C Black with stock switch
933mA
John Doe
123 Main Street
Somewhere, NY 12345
USA
**UPDATE**
The regulators can be set to the following currents:
0.83A
0.92A
1.0 A
1.1 A*
1.2 A*
1.4 A*

*I don't give any type of warranty when running the emitter higher than 1A; and I personally don't reccomend 1.4A*

Group1 closed:
Kabible-PAID-Shipped
Lips -PAID
-Shipped
Slim Shady-PAID-Shipped
Plasmaman-PAID-Shipped
Choppers-PAID-Shipped
Led_Blind-

jch79-PAID-Shipped
dksd39-PAID
-Shipped
candlet-PAID-Needs a bit more work
PhantomPhoton-PAID-*pulls out hair* third body let's hope it's the charm

pauly-PAID-Shipped
Xflash-PAID-Shipped
tanasit-PAID-Still machining
Clickie-SPF-Needs potting/thread cleanup
starfiretoo-PAID-Shipped
Kit-PAID
-Shipped
mikeyx-DP
-Shipped
Bluecrow76-PAID
-Shipped
Tessaiga-SOF-Needs machining
Sancho886-PAID-Machining
Action-PAID-Finishing up cell spacer/bezel

Group2 Closed
bbb18c1-PAID
racer7-PAID
cy-DP
RustyKnee-PAID
reptiles-PAID
maxhawk-PAID

Beamshots from the actual lights can be seen in post #90

Last edited:

nickz

Enlightened
Re: FS/Signups: 1C Aspheric Maglites

Is this the same setup as Mac's(ie runs @ 1.2A)? If so I am definately interested!!

RCatR

Enlightened

I can bump up the regulator to 1A; or just let it fly direct-drive; it's up to you

nickz

Enlightened

Well, I am really not an LED guy at all. All I have done are hotwires so far. I assume the gains going from .5A to 1A are great. Direct drive to me seems a bit more risky. Can you elaborate on the risks/advantages involved for each step from .5a to 1a to direct drive? I would be running a single protected 18650 if that helps ya out ;-)

Also, what is the regulation like? Is it possible to go from a 1 18650 host to a 2x18650 host safely for more runtime? Sorry if this seems remedial, as I said I am new on the LED scene.

Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast

nickz said:
Well, I am really not an LED guy at all. All I have done are hotwires so far. I assume the gains going from .5A to 1A are great. Direct drive to me seems a bit more risky. Can you elaborate on the risks/advantages involved for each step from .5a to 1a to direct drive? I would be running a single protected 18650 if that helps ya out ;-)

Also, what is the regulation like? Is it possible to go from a 1 18650 host to a 2x18650 host safely for more runtime? Sorry if this seems remedial, as I said I am new on the LED scene.
I believe that 2 x 18650 would make your LED go bye bye...but I could be wrong.....if you want more runtime use 1c li ion.

nickz

Enlightened

That is a good point. Thanks for the tip. I have been reading up alot lately on the C Li Ions and would only feel comfortable charging with say a tenergy on my 20a pyramid power supply so that makes this investment a bit higher than I expected to get longer run times.

This light does in fact intrigue me though so depending on what RCatR says, I'll likely be in for one as soon as I hear what he has to say :naughty: . I really need an LED that throws out there! If it is comparable to the ROP low I will be happy(should around double output time with the cree at 1000 mA)!!

Last edited:

nickz

Enlightened

Also, by chance does anyone have pics of a 2c next to a 1c with mag switch next to a 1 c with tail switch (or atleast have the dimensions)? I am curious of the size difference.

nickz

Enlightened

choppers said:

Thanks for that choppers! I am thinking that in the long run though that the tenergey may be my best bet as I have a few Li Ion lights now that run 2 18650's . Overall it may be my best bet regardless of what I buy here. I'd love the schulze but really cannot afford it or justify it. Plus I could build a cradle for the LI c's if needed too ;-)

RCatR

Enlightened

I use the regulators from the Sandwiche Shoppe. The GD(up/down) takes in .8V to 4.7V and puts out a constant current(up to 1A). The DB takes in 3-16V and steps down only; putting out a constant current(up to 1A).

Direct drive is kind of risky, and as far as I know the Cree's pull around 1.2A from an 18650, maybe more maybe less.

Nickz-1x18650=around 2 hours-ish; 1C Li-Ion gets aorund 3 hours; 2x18650=around 4 hours-ish; for 2x18650 I'd have to order a 3C, or you'd need a deep tailcap(like fivemega made).

I'll try and toss up some comparison shots when I get back from my study club.

Last edited:

slim shady

Newly Enlightened

Really nice work bro.I'm tempted,but have too much going on right now.

Kabible

Enlightened

I'm in for a blue side switch at 1.2 amps. Pewter as a second choice. Check sent.

PM sent.

Last edited:

nickz

Enlightened

From the looks of things it seems the DB would be the better choice then (for me) correct? That would do one C LI or one 18650 or even 2c's or 2 18650's correct? Comparisons would be lovely!!

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll play

1C stock switch with modified tailcap + 18650 spacer $110

Using 18650 and AW C batteries...

at 1 amp

I'll get back on some details a little latter...

Thanks

RCatR

Enlightened

Nick Z-If you don't mind the extra length, then the 2C-DB route is the way to go(for you). I could rig up the light to be 1C/1x18650 and make up a 1C/or/1x18650 extension so that you could easily switch between the two lengths. 2C Li-Ion will give you the most runtime

Lips-Sounds good, just decide on a color

nickz

Enlightened

RCatR said:
Nick Z-If you don't mind the extra length, then the 2C-DB route is the way to go(for you). I could rig up the light to be 1C/1x18650 and make up a 1C/or/1x18650 extension so that you could easily switch between the two lengths. 2C Li-Ion will give you the most runtime

Too good to pass up!!! Let me know if there is any extra costs involved or if it is still going under the $110 option ;-)

Trigger finger rests on paypal button!!

nickz

Enlightened

RCatR said:

Do you mean rig up a 2c/or/2x18650 or am I missing something??? Seems it would be easier for me to use a 2c host in that situation(with 18650 extension)?

slim shady

Newly Enlightened

I'm in for one pewter..

1C stock switch with modified tailcap + 18650 spacer $110