Single AA with the furthest throw without 14500!!!

Abumustafa

Enlightened
You read it i want sumthin single AA with the furthest throw going on holiday soon i have heard that the Maxlite Extreme is a good contendor but the price is not so :grin2: good!!!

Come on guys what can you offer as the best AA for spotting an decent sidespill!!! :)

:popcorn:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, Maxlite Extreme...arguably to best 1AA flashlight in the world. Otherwise if you're on a budget, one of the Fenix clones sold at DealExtreme and Kaidomain will have to do for you...but will take a couple week shipping time unless you live in Asia or close.

TMorita

Enlightened
River Rock 1AA (green aluminum, rebadged Aurora, about $15?) at Target has good throw.

All spot, no spill.

The other River Rock 1AA (black HA2, rebadged Nuwai X-1, about $20) has good sidespill, and a little less throw.

Toshi

zulu45

Enlightened
TMorita said:
The other River Rock 1AA (black HA2, rebadged Nuwai X-1, about $20) has good sidespill, and a little less throw.

I just bought this the other day, and picked up some Sanyo Eneloops for it. Amazing light, it's replaced my Fenix L2P as my secondary EDC light... it sits on my belt alongside my Fenix P1.

If more people tried that little light, I have no doubt that they'd abandon the obsolete lights, and switch to LEDs.

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
Are you saying that the RR 1AA equals or beats the L2P in output, or did you just mean the convenience of having a 1AA form factor?

KuoH

zulu45 said:
I just bought this the other day, and picked up some Sanyo Eneloops for it. Amazing light, it's replaced my Fenix L2P as my secondary EDC light...

zulu45

Enlightened
It doesn't beat the L2P in output, but it's size makes up for it. It DOES beat the L1P, and while it isn't more than the L2P, it does get pretty close to it.

It's got a very nice feeling switch, too, feels much more solid than the L2P switch. And the price is DEFINATELY right. It's on the verge of getting my P1 moved out of my light clothing EDC.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure what the price of the "Maxlite Extreme" is but how does it compare to the Fenix L1D? It has some pretty impressive throw with just a single AA. Personally I have the Lumapower F1 formula and it has some pretty impressive output for just 1 AA battery. Not so much "throw" but has a beam similar to the Surefire L4.

I have heard the the Coast LED AA has some pretty impressive throw. I saw them at ****s sporting goods today. Not too bad........my 2 cents

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
light_emitting_dude said:
Not sure what the price of the "Maxlite Extreme" is but how does it compare to the Fenix L1D? It has some pretty impressive throw with just a single AA. Personally I have the Lumapower F1 formula and it has some pretty impressive output for just 1 AA battery. Not so much "throw" but has a beam similar to the Surefire L4.

I have heard the the Coast LED AA has some pretty impressive throw. I saw them at ****s sporting goods today. Not too bad........my 2 cents

I'm such a nucklehead! I never realized that the Lumapower F1 was a single AA light. I guess I always thought is was a single CR123 or something...lol. So it has a beam shape similiar to the L4, but I'm guessing that it's not nearly as bright as a L4?? Is it donut shaped too?
Thanks

fishhead41h

Newly Enlightened
Ultrafire wf602a1 from Battery Junction for 23.00,is as nice as the Jetbeam MKIIX!!!!