Virginia Tech Massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtunderground

Enlightened
I would like to pay my respects to the victims of the shootings here at Virginia Tech:

Minal Hiralal Panchal

Waleed Mohamed Shaalan

Daniel Cueva

Rachel Hill

Mary Read

Matthew Gwaltney

Austin Cloyd

Erin Peterson

Jeremy Herbstritt

Brian Bluhm

Jocelyne Couture-Nowak

Nicole White

Ross Alameddine

Lauren McCain

Dan O'Neil

Maxine Turner

Henry Lee

Matt La Porte

Jamie Bishop

G.V. Loganathan

Juan Ortiz

Jarrett Lane

Ryan Clark

Leslie Sherman

Caitlin Hammaren

Liviu Librescu

Kevin Granata

Reema Samaha

Emily Hilscher

(I'll try to update this list as Virgini Tech updates theirs)

May thoughts and prayers are with the injured, with families of the victims, and with the family of the shooter. Lord knows this is the worst of times for all of them.

I want to apologize too, for my role in the political finger-pointing of the previous thread. It was uncalled for, and I hope we can keep this thread politics-free.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes... absolutely horrible thing. As bad as these shootings are, I think until you hear the names and see the faces, it's still somewhat easy to just pass off as 'another bad shooting', but when you see those faces and see all the friends and loved ones mourning their loss, and when you consider that those 33 losses (yes, even the shooter) probably directly effected 1,000 people or more, it is truly an overwhelming feeling to think about what he did that day.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was a real tragedy and we are fortunate such horrific events are rare. Every day about 110 people are killed and hundreds more injured on our highways in the USA. Citizens of some other nations would be pleased if only 32 of their fellow countrymen perished from violence every day.

We get used to some forms of death while others shock us.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other thread was closed with an advisement to take it to the Underground. Opening a new one on the same subject is not an option.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts