LED insert for Minimag AAA

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah there is one, but I don't think it is... uh... very well embraced among CPFers.

It is pretty versatile though... it comes with everything you need to use it in an AA Minimag, an AAA Minimag or any 2, 3 or 4 cell PR base light.

http://batteryjunction.com/mifledupform.html

You can also drill out the reflector to accept a 5mm LED and use an SMJLED or a Wah Wang LED. Works best with 'conditioned' primary lithium cells, but also works decently on Alkalines. Not really much brightness with NiMH cells.

z282z06

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of those 3LED nite Ize units. It was ok but then I read about the terralux unit and it is much better. I want a red one now and a UV one. I don't know why but I want one! I also bought the P4 dop in for my 4 cell mag lite. It isnt the best but I have to say it makes the maglites worth keeping. Especially after my sure fire addiction!

walkabout

Newly Enlightened
I picked up the Terralux kit for an old AAA MiniMag. I quite like it.

The light has a bit of a greenish yellow tinge to it, but it's not noticeably annoying when used by itself. The reviews said there would be a distracting bluish centre and a lot of ringiness, but I don't see any evidence of either.

Granted, it's not a L2D-CE (just got mine). But it puts out an entirely useful beam of light, and it's near weightless in a coat pocket.