L1D CE turbo same as high

sixfellas

Newly Enlightened
Wondering if anyone else has noticed a similar problem to this. I've got a new L1D and the turbo setting is EXACTLY the same as the High setting. Now I know these settings are close, but I am actually sure the two settings are the same. I actually see no change in brightness when switched to high and turn the head to turbo (no flicker or anything) is this normal? And i'm also wondering if not, what setting do i actually have, high or turbo? Thanks

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
its the same, as every reviews and the description states
(ps: 10 lumens difference at the led is not noticeable)

but one could also just measure current draw and thus come to the conclusion, that the levels are very very equal
(my model draws about the same current high/max)

LESLIEx317537

Newly Enlightened
I can see a slight difference on mine, but I have to hold the head very still on high then carefully turn the head to turbo mode. I see it get slightly brighter...

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
With a 1,5v cell, you won't see any difference but you will get a great increase in power using the 2aa battery tube on the turbo mode.

Last edited:

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Alteran said:
I wouldn't expect it to, it's advertised as 90 on turbo. I think you are talking about the L2D-CE.

No I'm not. I'm fully aware that to get 135lm you need >2.4V (ie L2D-CE). I merely make the point that to see a difference between turbo/high you need at least the voltage of a fresh alkaline.

L1D-CE on fresh 1.3V NiMH: High = turbo.
L1D-CE on fresh 1.5V alkaline: Turbo very slightly higher than high.
L1D-CE on fresh 1.7V lithium: Turbo noticeably higher than high.
L2D-CE with any battery type: Turbo significantly higher than high.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Split a Duracell CRV3 battery in two, and you have two 3.0v cells that give the same performance as an L2D or the new P2D. Granted, it's an expensive way to go, especially if you use the light a lot.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Valpo Hawkeye said:
Split a Duracell CRV3 battery in two, and you have two 3.0v cells that give the same performance as an L2D or the new P2D. Granted, it's an expensive way to go, especially if you use the light a lot.

I always keep a couple of 3V primaries from a CRV3 for the purposes of impressing people with the L1D-CE :) Better than a 3.7V LiIon as all the modes work properly.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1D CE turbo same as high is common, my turbo is slightly brighter, if you were to
use the 2AA battery tube the Turbo mode would be much brighter. Both the L1D and L2D
have the same heads

Latest posts