LS3 emitter (5W) delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I confirmed with my lumileds rep today that the 5W emitters would be delayed to an "indeterminent" time.

- Spec parts delayed (next year?)
- Sub-spec parts may be available sooner (months?)
- Would not say what will make the parts sub-spec
- To recieve the sub-spec parts, must sign a waiver, wait your turn, pay spec part price and buy product "as-is" (no returns)

I asked to view the terms of the waiver and/or what exactly will make the parts below spec. He said the information was not ready to be released yet.

We will only go ahead with the sub-spec if it does not affect the LS3 performance. For example, if the sub-spec is that the part cooks itself at full power, then this is ok since we do not run the part at full power anyways.

But if the sub-spec is that the part has a pea-green tint, or any other effect that would be noticed in the LS3 system, then the LS3 will be delayed until proper parts are made available.

In the mean time, we will extend the LS1/LS2 production.

Peter Gransee

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter...

Sorry about your supply problems, but I`m glad to see your continued insistence on a quality product. When you do ship them out, the LS3 will undoubtedly be a superb flashlight. And we`ll be there to buy them from you.

In the meantime, though...HOORAY for the resulting longer production times for the LS1`s and the upcoming LS2`s!

dark star

Enlightened
From the little I know reading the various threads on the 5W delay, only the whites are effected. So bring out a Cyan LS3 ! ( I do love my Cyan LS1 )

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Originally posted by Gransee:

In the mean time, we will extend the LS1/LS2 production.

Peter Gransee
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wooo Hoooo !!

Keep making the LS1! I haven't got one yet.(just a second that someone traded to me)

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like they are having major production issues. That is a problem with new technology.

Looks like my chances of getting an LS2 first, have increased. (smile)

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
LS2! LS2! LS2!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.