Dexlight 16-mode CREE at DX

matics

Newly Enlightened
I've been lurking the CPF forums for abut 2 weeks now. This is my first post. I ordered a Jetbeam MKIIx which should be arriving next week. Already have my sights on a few other flashlights I want to get. I've been absorbing info from this site like a sponge.

I've been frequenting kaidomain and dealextreme daily looking for new lights. I came across an interesting one just now. It's described as 'Dexlight Sapphire Cyrstal 3W 16-mode CREE AA/14500 Flashlight Kit'. Not much info on the site yet, but I really enjoyed the torture pics that are posted. Anyone know anything about this light?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2888

big beam

Enlightened
Welcome MATICS
Hang on to your wallet.This can be a very dangerous place!!! :ohgeez:
I've been here for a little over a year and :broke:
But I'm having so much fun
ENJOY YOURSELF
DON
BTHW looks like a interesting light

kanarie

Enlightened
Looks promising I hope it has a solid UI and a bright High (100 lumens at least) and a very low LOW. We need the specs!

edit: specs were updated as we speak
150 lumes max and 5% NICE SPECS!

one thing :"comes in sealed JetBeam retail packaging with the following items:"

Is this a Jetbeam?

Last edited:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The description of the accessories and light modes sure sound like a MKIIx.

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
Sounds to me like a light that DX and Jetbeam might be making together? Maybe as part of their reconciling, DX agreed to help finance a new light?

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
It looks almost the same as the Rexlight 2.0 ecept the lanyard holes are a little different. So China now clones China :ohgeez:

LGCubana

Enlightened
Just for grins, I saved the contents of the DexLight website. Should be interesting to see what changes are made during the development stages.

What would be funny; DX cut out the middle man (JetBeam License holder) & is dealing directly with the factory.

"A JetBeam by any other name, will smell just the same"

Last edited:

kanarie

Enlightened
Maybe the Jetbeam factory makes a series especially for DX with some minor differences (round body) so the official Jeatbeam dealers can't complain.

for 40 bucks I want one

Last edited:

Abumustafa

Enlightened
nakahoshi said:
I should be doing a review with this light by the end of next week. Stay Tuned

:twothumbs Will be looking forward to that review Nakahoshi keep us posted!!!

looks like a tad longer the C-LE if it is a Jetbeam but with reverse clicky an able to use 14500s nice!!!:grin2:

:popcorn:

Yapo

Enlightened
new lights keep coming out before i even receive the ones that ive ordered...at this rate i'll have a light coming to my door every week or two

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yapo said:
new lights keep coming out before i even receive the ones that ive ordered...at this rate i'll have a light coming to my door every week or two

I know what you mean. I'm waiting on a Rexlight and MKIIx and this one comes out.

Oculus Sinister

Newly Enlightened

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
TOOCOOL said:
...So China now clones China...
I think this has been true for quite a while. They haven't found any lights in the US (outside the Surefire niche) worth cloning for some time. Most of these lights are clones of the L1P which was an innovative development of Fenix.

On another note, this is what my Rexlight 2.0 is good for. It keeps me from spending any money on lights like this while I'm waiting for my Rexlight because I don't know what I have yet.

Saves me money in the long run, really....:laughing:

mhubble

Enlightened
16 Modes???? Why would anybody need that?

If this light is like the REXLIGHT we might see one by Christmas.

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
Is it just me or are there too many lights that are very similar? Just doesn't excite me anymore. 16 mode? Why WOULD anyone need that? I'd wish there are more orginal AA lights.

Other than that, I love that this light uses Sapphire Crystal.

Abumustafa

Enlightened
Nake said:
I agree, also why does my cellphone have a camera and 10 other functions I don't use.

Gone are them days when their used to be the simple high-med-low an no fancy modes!!!:grin2:

:popcorn: