Arc AAA to AAAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I was bored and I fished through a few nuts and bolts to find a normal sized nut which fit in the Arc's body. I took an AAAA and rested the positive side on the foam retainer hole and lowered the Arc's body into the battery. And guess what... it worked, as bright as it usually is! I don't have the time, but can someone try this and post runtime tests? Thanks in advance.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Well you beat me to it! Was it a regular AAAA or one from a 9 Volt? I tried one from a 9 Volt and it didn't work but the termals were a little corroded so...

What I don't get is what the application is for using AAAAs in the AAA body? Oh wait! Break open a lithium 9V and (maybe) you've got AAAAs...I guess AAAAs would take up less room in an emergency pack as well.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the average alkaline AAA around 1100 to 1500 mah and the AAAA around 500 - 600 mah, I would expect 1/2 to 1/3 the run time.

But with the AAAAs so hard to find and at least double the cost of a good AAA, I don't see the point- Running an ARC on a AAAA would cost you about four to six times as much as with a AAA.

I suppose if you had a bunch of extra 9 volt batteries made up of the inverted AAAAs laying around you could rip them open and use them economically.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geeze Saaby, I can't believe that I spent 11 minutes typing that last post.... Time warp?

Anyway, one of our mad scientists did open a lithium 9V, and there were no lithium AAAAs in it.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of using my depleted Streamlight Stylus 3 batts. They are useless for other apps, so a little improv and tada! An AAAA sucker!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ah...well, it'd work perfect for that then. If you screw the head too far off do you loose all hope of the AAAA staying "centered" so to speak?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

for me it's the size thing..I've been emailing Dan the machinist trying to get him to make me some aaaa battery tubes...I've had my Styli a couple of years now, and still haven't had to use any of the many replacement aaaa's I bought...I use the Stylus only briefly and intermittantly, like I use the Arc on my keyring, so the shortened battery life will be OK with me in the reduced size...

Status
Not open for further replies.