For you dieters, list your most satisfying low calorie foods

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll give two that I like.

Weight Watchers frozen pizzas. At around 300 calories each, they taste pretty decent and unless starving, will hold me over for a meal. If not dieting then two of these will definitely fill me up and much, much better then your local pizza factory pizza. I used to eat the Healthy Choice frozen pizzas but find the taste and texture of the Weight Watcher's pizza to be much more satisfying.

The smart pop and other's 100 calorie microwave popcorn bags. I can't go to bed too hungry and eating one of these just before bedtime will hold me over until morning.

Oh and when drinking beer Guinness does indeed have less calories then regular beer.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grilled Chicken!!

Subway Is pretty good too.

Lost about 11lbs In about 5 weeks, eating right.

Still did a bit of exercise.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Most grocery stores have a "no sugar added" version of fudge pops in the popsicle section of the freezer. They run around 40-60 calories each depending on the brand and they make a nice, light treat, especially for chocaholics.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Run 30 miles a week and eat what you want. ;)

Seriously, though, I usually hit a yogurt or bowl of cereal when I need a snack.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
chickenchickenchicken
Golden frozen cheese blintzes (9 minutes low flame in covered pan, turn, 9 minutes uncovered)
soy yogurt
whole wheat toast ('smartbalance' for lube)

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steelcut oats (oatmeal) with a little brown sugar. IMO, much better than rolled oats. It's great for breakfast - you can make up a batch for the week and keep it in the fridge. Pop a portion in the microwave for a minute or two and it's a quick meal that will hold you for a few hours.

You can also do a search for foods with a low glycemic index. These will carry you for longer periods between meals.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weight Watchers Giant Fudge Bars (1 point per bar)
Fresh, crispy apple (1 point per apple)
Morning Star Farms Garden Veggie Patties (1 point per burger)
Village Hearth Light Wheat Buns (1 point per burger)
...served with lettuce, tomatos and pickles (all 0 points)
Lots of vegetables like green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots (all 0 points)

For a quick, low points meal/snack we buy the Birdseye or Green Giant "steam in the bag" microwaveable vegetables.

I've lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers using such food combined with daily, 30 minute, fast paced walks.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
As a treat, the Skinny Cow ice cream products. Especially the drumsticks.

As food, We've been enjoying the Lean Cuisine brand lean pockets and lean subs for lunch. We've also been doing a lot of the dinners by the same brand.

I'm down 24 pounds over 3 months. my "Diet" is mainly to avoid the outrageous foods (ribs, sundaes, etc) and cut out the nightly Kahlua and cream (or two) and frequent bowl of ice cream. Oh, I've also added walking a few miles a day and 20 minutes or so on an exercise bike.

Daniel

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
- one cup (before cooking) oatmeal, Splenda, cinnamon, walnuts: 300 calories
- air popped popcorn, spray oil, salt and curry powder
- Edy's (Edie's?) brand frozen fruit pops, or whatever they are called: 30 calories
- can of salmon on toast with brown mustard: 200 calories
- Egg Beaters with onions, peppers, etc. are good, but you get tired of it.
- a quart of green tea (add Splenda if desired) to fill your belly

ikendu said:
I've lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers

Thats awesome.

flash_bang

Enlightened
Bravo all who have lost weight! I'm wayyy above average for my age and height. Overall, I don't really care about my weight, I care more about my waistline. And, for all of you who read VGcats, my moobs :D . Anyways, I really like water, and there are some homemade shakes that I make that are awesome. I aim for a gallon of water a day, but sometimes as low as 64 oz (half a gallon). Anywho, I think the recipie for the shake is as follows:
1 yoplait yogurt
1 yogurt container of calcium fortified orange juice
berries (add ice if fresh, no ice if frozen)
maybe a little of splenda or good sugar substitute

Not really sure if that shake is low calorie, but it sure is good! During the summer when I start personal training, I'll get some protein powder and put some powder in my water as well as the shakes (which I drink 1 per two weeks). btw, right now I've done around 10 Spinning classes, both on my own with my iPod (AWESOME!!!!!!) and with an instructor(meh). Haven't worked out in a while, but shedding the winter coat is more important for me. Plus, carrying around a 45-50 lb pack at school all the time helps a bit with my calves and stuff.
Have a good one! (I know I am!!!!!!!)
Flash

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I'm not actually going for weight loss. I'm trying to exercise more and eat less to try to control my cholesterol. If I do all the right things and take a couple of meds I can almost reach the goals my doctor set.

I used to scoff at high cholesterol as a scare tactic till I had a blocked artery that required treatment. That's a bit of a wake up call.

Other favorites;
The Keeblers 100 calorie snack packs. they are packets of small cookies that are tasty. They are not lowfat or sugar free, the portions are just limited. I like them because I tend to east the whole package of cookie.

Then there are Quakes rice crackers. They are flavored and come in a small enough package that they don't get stale in the couple of days it takes to eat the whole thing. the Cheddar and Caramel are our favorites. A dozen along with lunch work out quite well.

Daniel

z96Cobra

Enlightened
I'm not fat, I'm just short for my weight! I'm doing the "Atkins Diet" again and its working great, have you thought about trying it? I say I'm doing it again, because a few years ago I wanted to loose some pounds and did Atkins for a little less than a month and lost 30 lbs. with very little exercise. Then I got lazy and stopped. Now I'm going to do it right and have been going for 3 weeks now. I'm down at least 25 pounds and I exercise by walking and a little running. I'm going to increase my running a little bit every so often untill I can run 1-2 miles non-stop. Back when I first tried Atkins, there wasn't all these new foods like there are now, so I got tired of the same old stuff. Now there are tons of new, and great tasting, low carb foods out there. It is so much easier now than it was back then.

After the first few days on Atkins, I lost all of the cravings for snacks. I'm very rarely hungry and sometimes have to force/remind myself to eat something. I have a lot more energy and feel a lot better.

Just my $.02,
Roger

gallagho

Enlightened
Hey Valpo Hawkeye,

>Run 30 miles a week and eat what you want.

Thanks for the inspiration, I'm at 9.62 miles, I found a nice ~4.5 mile loop & so hope to reach 30 on Sunday :)

Just got to keep it up!

Owen

flash_bang

Enlightened
Oh, not sure if this is lo cal. But I found out an hour ago that I love Tuna fish sandwiches!!!!!!!! YAY!
Now I will get to my goal of 5-8 meals a day. mostly 32 oz water, sandwich, fruit/veggie. yesssss, I will do this! Btw, I'm going to another spinning class tonight!
H.A.G.O.
Flash