G2, Maxfire LX, or wait for a P2D CE?

cosine

Newly Enlightened
I've got a serious want for a new EDC flashlight to replace my AA Maglight with the Nite-Eze LED drop-in, and and to supplement my keychain LED.

The 64k question is: G2, Maxfire LX, or P2D CE? I want something that will fit fairly comfortably in my pants pocket, something that's bright, and preferably less than $60. (I really like the Maxfire LX because of price, but it looks like it might be a bit big for pants pocket carry.)

Choices, choices.

Make whatever comments you wish. :)

And no, I can't follow the mantra "Buy them both!" ;)

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
cosine said:
Are there Cree or Seoul LED drop-ins available for the G2?

Absolutely! There are several including one with multiple levels of output, plus strobe and SOS modes.

Still, the G2 and Maxfire are much bigger than the P2D. Actually, I find my C-LE a bit easier to carry than my HDS so even though my SSC-modded HDS is a 'better' light, I usually carry the C-LE because it is thinner and less bulky.

WNG

Enlightened
Neither G2 or Maxfire LX can be deemed a comfortable pocket light.
Kinda big for that imho, unless it's residing in big cargo pockets.
:)

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for Jetbeam C-LE for pants pocket carry. To me the only down side of the C-LE is the PWM which is just barely noticeable on low when illuminating a moving object. It is small for an AA light with multiple levels. The P2D would give the option of more light, but in a bigger package. I have a L2D and I'm assuming the P2D has the same output.