Run-Time Plot - ARC SLS 1xAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
This runtime plot is for an ARC LS (second) with the 1xAA battery tube. A single Everactive AA battery was used and at the end of almost eight hours was still generating enough light to see with.

Equipment used is a photocell and a Radio Shack 22-805 multimeter with a PC interface that is using ScopeView software (V 1.08).

The vertical axis is in MA and the horizontal axis is 15 minutes per division.

Be aware that your actual battery mileage may vary from that indicated by this runtime plot.

arcls-aa.jpg

Glow Bug

Enlightened
Peter,

Can a AA rechargeable 3.6 volt LiIon be used with the LS? Where is the cut off point as far as input voltages without damaging the light?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the rev1 LS1, I would not recommend more than about 3.3v under load. The LiIon cell has about 3.6v under load and therefore would overheat the rev1. The rev2 has a better heatsink, more tolerant regulator and thermal shutdown so the LiIon cell damaging the new design is unlikely.

Peter

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would 2 x Eveready Lithium AA cells work okay on the rev1?? They measure 1.83 Vdc NOT under load, which would be 3.66 Vdc before load.

My only instrument is a Radio Shack 22-191 DMM.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2AA lithiums does work fine and has been tested many times. The pack settles down to about 3.2-3.4v under load which is hot but ok.

Peter

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the positive data on the 2 AA lithiums, Gransee.

I also didn't expect such fast order processing and shipping. Can't hardly wait till Friday (expected delivery date)
smile.gif

I also very strongly feel, that you would have a large market for 1 watt Arc LS and a much smaller market for the 5 watters.

My recommendation would be to get the 1 watters perfected and continue production. Only ADD the 5 watters after quality parts supplies become stable and design is up to your standards.

There is a market for both Arc LS products.

Status
Not open for further replies.