GPS Store

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
Where is the best and cheapest place to buy a GPS? A buddy of mine is looking for one. He wants to get a Garmin model with mapping feature so he can use the map data software I have and wont have ot buy another brand of map software. Does anybody know if another brand will work with the mapsource software?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I found my 60CSx on sale at Amazon.com - coupled with a Garmin $50 rebate, an additional $30 off for opening up an Amazon.com credit account, and free "super saver" shipping...I ended up with a GREAT DEAL a few months ago.

(You can always wait for jtice to upgrade & buy his old units!! :nana: :poke: & :thanks: to John!! )

Be sure to watch/search for rebates coupled with sales! Hopefully some others will chime in here with some positive results from some other vendors/sites.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried GPS Discount on the web for a Garmin 76C a few years ago:
http://www.gpsdiscount.com/
and the transaction was fine. I am not affiliated with them and only did the one transaction. I don't know if they are the cheapest. Discounts seemed modest from legit looking businesses. Their name was on a list at:
http://gpsinformation.net/

bigfoot

Enlightened
Another satisfied Amazon customer here. Recently purchased a Garmin 60Cx and couldn't be happier. They seem to have some pretty low prices on the Garmin units.

Nell

Enlightened
Sigman:
How do you like the 60CSx? Did you get any additional software with it? I have been looking at this unit and was thinking of getting it with the map software for city streets.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the original post.

Sigman said:
I found my 60CSx on sale at Amazon.com - coupled with a Garmin $50 rebate, an additional $30 off for opening up an Amazon.com credit account, and free "super saver" shipping...I ended up with a GREAT DEAL a few months ago.

(You can always wait for jtice to upgrade & buy his old units!! :nana: :poke: & :thanks: to John!! )

Be sure to watch/search for rebates coupled with sales! Hopefully some others will chime in here with some positive results from some other vendors/sites.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Off topic, but "not" (?)...the 60CSx really locks on FAST & does indeed hold the lock better than the 60CS (but the 60CS is still a GREAT unit as well - I'm sharing that with JOshooter!).

I had a previous version of Topo and purchased City Select North America v7 - they came out with City Navigator v8 and are upgrading me for free. I'm currently waiting for those disks to show up (they're sending me the NT version for the CSx & the standard version for the CS).

OUTSTANDING support from GARMIN!!!

I don't see how anyone could get lost with one of these!!!

Nell

Enlightened
Not much left to ask. Answered everything, I'm sold on the unit. I think the software will also ungrade my IQ3600 too.

Sigman said:
Off topic, but "not" (?)...the 60CSx really locks on FAST & does indeed hold the lock better than the 60CS (but the 60CS is still a GREAT unit as well - I'm sharing that with JOshooter!).

I had a previous version of Topo and purchased City Select North America v7 - they came out with City Navigator v8 and are upgrading me for free. I'm currently waiting for those disks to show up (they're sending me the NT version for the CSx & the standard version for the CS).

OUTSTANDING support from GARMIN!!!

I don't see how anyone could get lost with one of these!!!

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Please be advised that the Garmin GPS software IS license locked, and will only work with two GPS units. You need to supply a GPS serial number to get the unique unlock code for each GPS.

I have had 3 Garmin GPS units (all 3 mapping) and enjoyed them all. Despite the slightly smaller screen I find myself using the 60CSx in my car instead of the Street Pilot III. The 60 is just so much faster at everything that it makes the SP III look slow. Mind you, the SP III has always been VERY usable except for in the downtown SF skyscrapers.

I shopped for the best price from a place with good reviews. Buy.com had the best price after I included shipping. I got the Citinav 8 software from Amazon.

Daniel

Latest posts