• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MagSeoul mod feeler. CLOSED.

Nereus

Enlightened
When organising this auction I noticed that there might be more interest to my MagSeoul Mod. I *may* be building a few more, so feel free to express your interest here! :) The final price turned out to be 510 USD in the auction so that's going to be the planned price here also (510 USD + postal costs). And please remember that this is a feeler, I can not promise you anything... Also, please see post 6 for some background for this feeler. :)

Specs of the mod:

- 2D to 8AA battery holder
- Battery tube inner diameter sanded 1mm larger to accept all oversized AA nimhs.
- Shark converter
- 3 stage switch: 50 / 250 / 1000 mA
- Runtimes 35 / 8 / 1,5 hours correspondingly
- UCL lense
- 4*Seoul P4 U bin leds
- 4*McR20s reflectors
- Works best with Nimhs, but alkalines can be used as well. With alks the runtime at high drops to 30 minutes but other runtimes remain the same.
- In case of emergency 2 D cells can be used as well. Low and medium level will work ok then, but you will not get full brightness at high.

P2250352.jpg

Business end:

P2250349_2.jpg

So, anyone interested at price of 510 USD (+ postal costs)? :)

-N

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MagSeoul mod FEELER

That is a beautiful light, and I know I could never make anything like that...but the price of $510 seems a bit high to me. I have purchased a few multi-emitter lights im my day, and I have never spent that much on any of them(we are talking quad-emitter set-ups, tri-bored bodies, finned heads, bflex or nflex interface, etc..).

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to talk your light down whatsoever. I think it is a great piece, even one that I would consider buying myself. I just think $510 is a bit too much for a light like this. However, $400 would be much more reasonable. This is just my opinion...if you feel this light is worth $510 to make for you, than by all means charge that price. I was just giving you my opinion. If you are thinking of bringing the price down a bit, I may be interested in one myself :)

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast

The motivation to pay that amount may be due to it being a donation to CPF as well as owning a great light. By itself, I'm not sure if $510 + postal is a good price. Since this is a feeler and you are soliciting feedback, I personally wouldn't pay that much for a quad-mag with no frills.

No nice crown, no machine work etc...

At that price you can prob buy Mac's or Icarus' lights which are known to be top notch, and usually come with some kind of extra machining and customisation.

The parts itself cost at most $200... so $310 for workmanship alone? Isn't that a bit much?

Well, if someone's willing to pay, I'm not complaining :D Good luck with your sale!

Clickie

Newly Enlightened

I was going to say basically the same exact things mentioned by Strauss and LEDCandle. $510 is simply just too high for me considering at that price then add intl shipping you are getting in the price range of some of Mac's finest pieces which are pretty much as good as it gets IMHO! But I would be interested if the price were more reasonable.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast

LEDcandle said:
The motivation to pay that amount may be due to it being a donation to CPF as well as owning a great light. By itself, I'm not sure if $510 + postal is a good price. Since this is a feeler and you are soliciting feedback, I personally wouldn't pay that much for a quad-mag with no frills.

No nice crown, no machine work etc...

At that price you can prob buy Mac's or Icarus' lights which are known to be top notch, and usually come with some kind of extra machining and customisation.

The parts itself cost at most $200... so $310 for workmanship alone? Isn't that a bit much?

Well, if someone's willing to pay, I'm not complaining :D Good luck with your sale!

Agree, very well stated

Nereus

Enlightened

Thanks for all comments, guys!
smile.gif
I am not aiming at maximum sold quantity here - I am just offering a chance for possible disappointed bidders to buy this light at same price than the winner of the auction did.

I am perfectly fine with zero CPFers interested in this mod: I am very far from professional modder and it takes surprisingly long time from me to build one mod. For example, because I don't own a lathe I have to sand the inside of the flashlight 1 mm larger - awful job!
icon15.gif

Your comments are welcome and they are justified - I agree with you that this is somewhat overpriced mod. But now you know the background of the feeler. How to say - I want that there can be, if needed, more than one winner in the auction?
smile.gif

-N

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very well said and justified!! If I was a runner up on the auction this would be of much interest to me.

:) just my $1.00-$.98

Nereus said:
Thanks for all comments, guys!
smile.gif
I am not aiming at maximum sold quantity here - I am just offering a chance for possible disappointed bidders to buy this light at same price than the winner of the auction did.

I am perfectly fine with zero CPFers interested in this mod: I am very far from professional modder and it takes surprisingly long time from me to build one mod. For example, because I don't own a lathe I have to sand the inside of the flashlight 1 mm larger - awful job!
icon15.gif

Your comments are welcome and they are justified - I agree with you that this is somewhat overpriced mod. But now you know the background of the feeler. How to say - I want that there can be, if needed, more than one winner in the auction?
smile.gif

-N

J_Oei

Enlightened

Manzerick said:
Very well said and justified!! If I was a runner up on the auction this would be of much interest to me.

Okay, as the runner-up of that auction, I'll chime in. :)
I like Magmods, and I like multiLED lights. But, as others have said, a lot of the appeal of the auction was the support of CPF. There are other things you can do to increase the desirability of the light:

1) Limited run. This makes it more desirable because there just aren't as many available. This works for a bunch of the other high-priced lights. Supply and demand.

2) Special editions. If you notice when lights have numbers on them, certain numbers command a much higher price than others. (People have favorite numbers, or want a light to match the other numbered ones that they have)

3) Well-known maker. Some creators of lights have customers that will buy anything that they make. (Mr. Bulk, McGizmo, Larrylights, etc)

My guess, is that you fall under option 1. You don't have the tooling to turn out massive numbers, and as far as I can tell, this is your first offering on the board.

So, I'll do this. If this is going to be a limited run
(under 5 lights) I'll get one. I have to at least delude myself of the lights resale value, in case I ever decide to sell it. (Ha!)

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened

Nereus,
Thanks for a job well done both for light and your support of the CPF community. As for selling future lights, why not find a local machine shop to straight bore the tubes? That would be a great time saver and shouldn't be too costly.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nereus said:
Thanks for all comments, guys! For example, because I don't own a lathe I have to sand the inside of the flashlight 1 mm larger - awful job!
icon15.gif

-N

I've been posting this link up many times, not sure if you have seen it :-
Spacemarine's Tutorial: How to fit 4 Energizer 2500 cells across in a D-Mag without boring!
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/107772

I tried it myself and it works :)

Does that help reduce the light to $250? hahah... joking... ;)

Nereus

Enlightened

Thanks for all the comments, guys! :) This feeler is now closed and there seems to be one person interested. J_oei, I sent you a PM.

This is definitely going to be a limited run: only 1 light produced... :)

-N