New use for long runtime

Vermonter73

Enlightened
Right now my one of my chinese Crees is on low, pointing at the groundhog burrow under the garage that I filled in today. Put some chicken wire in and around the hole along with the dirt. I drank a lot of water and I'll change the 18650 when I get up to go pee :sssh:

From what I've read I'll probably have to trap the thing. Landlady would never let me shoot it, she thinks it's cute :rant:I told her she'd really think it's cute when the garage caves in.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe he thinks the rodent won't come out if theres light on its hole (he's probly got a half dozen holes by the way so good luck with your tactics) Drinking lots of watter to time your sleep is a special forces technique to stay alert in combat conditions so you don't sleep too heavily. Maybe Vermonter is ex-military. lol. Best bet is poison. Barring that (for dangers to pets etc...) there are repellants that work wonders but have to be re-applied every couple months. Your garage should have a sturdy enough foundation to withstand a groundhog or two so I wouldnt worry about foundations.

Vermonter73

Enlightened
Well, that hole stayed closed overnight.

There's a total of 4 holes in half an acre. I'm doing one at a time, naively hoping it will move if I harass it enough. Looks like I have enough runtime so I don't have to get up in the middle of the night :)

Can't poison it, I have a dog.

I do maintenance in exchange for less rent. I like keeping the place nice. And fighting a groundhog is kind of fun :whistle:

Vermonter73

Enlightened
Hmmmm...while building a snare would be fun, I'm not sure if I want to deal with a pissed off groundhog unless it's inside a cage.

Vermonter73

Enlightened
I should definately watch Caddyshack again, to get in the right bizarre mood. I'll go see if Netflix will let me watch it now, or if I have to order it.

And I'll need a funny hat. :touche:

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
just flood the hole? garden hose and about 15 minutes. would that work?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It works like crazy for moles, when you find them active lower than one of their holes.

Illum

Flashaholic
I gont know about groundhogs but from what I know about burrowing rodents there are several holes in which passages lead to the burrow....I have a mole problem, I know...the idea cooked up during the forth of July was...

got smoke?:naughty:
I dont blame the landlady, as far as its destructiveness its very...cute:ohgeez: [same goes with moles]

maybe a smoke bomb once awhile may make the furball abandon his shelter while you fill