My Arc LE is flickering some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed yesterday that when I turn my Arc LE on, the light flickers some, dims for a half second, and flickers a little more. It does this with different batteries put in. What do I do?
confused.gif

Thank you!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search for AAA maintanance on the Arc forum section there are step by step instuctions on how to perform the roll crimp.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the search. The fix is beyond my level of expertise. I'm afraid I would ruin it. I just sent off a letter to the Arc people about it. I'm sure it will be resolved soon. It's a great pocket light!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jeff:
Instead of a jewelers screwdriver, which seems unable to get into the bottom of the threads, I'm using a little nifty tool from Sears...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been using very fine steel wool. It seems to work well but I didn't notice anyone else doing this so I'm a little concerned that I may be harming the threads. Any ideas?

Brightnorm

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I've sent it off to Arc.

Now, my question is, how do I keep this from happening again? I appreciate the warrenty, I'd rather the Arc people work on new and exciting products rather than fixing my Arc LE!!
wink.gif
Really though, do I need to do something to keep this from happening again?

Thanks!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 3.1 should fix this over the long term. All new Arc-AAAs are the 3.1 version.

The 3.1 version adds a "roll crimp" (discussed at length in this forum).

Peter

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought that the one I had was, in fact, a 3.1 version. I didn't get it that long ago. Perhaps it was just a fluck occurance. At any rate, I greatly appreciate the warrenty for this product. I can't wait until my Arc LS arrives!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.