Lorsund reflector retaining nut impossible to remove?

True

Newly Enlightened
Hey all.

Started working on one of my Lorsunds... the one I have, not the ones in the mail :) I can't seem to get the reflector retaining nut off. I could fairly easily with my Elly, but not a budge at all with this beast.

Was yours easy to take off? If not, how did you do it? I fabricated a tool, although it is a little flimsy - if I make a better one, should it come out?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lorsund doesn't have a retaining ring. The two holes used for removal are in the reflector itself. Yes, use something firm not flimsy.

moon lander

Enlightened
the reflector can be a pain to loosen, its because they incuded an o-ring under the bezel. replace it with a glow ring, and it will charge while you use the light.

vetkaw63

Enlightened
moon lander said:
the reflector can be a pain to loosen, its because they incuded an o-ring under the bezel. replace it with a glow ring, and it will charge while you use the light.

How long did your glow rings actually glow? Mine lasted about 15 minutes. I was very disappointed.
The Reflector is stubborn. Use snap ring pliers.
Mike

moon lander

Enlightened
vetkaw63 said:
How long did your glow rings actually glow? Mine lasted about 15 minutes. I was very disappointed.
The Reflector is stubborn. Use snap ring pliers.
Mike

same here not very impressed with the glow rings, but they do serve their purpose occasionally. found my light in a dark room once or twice due to the glowing ring. the glowing bezel ring is very cool however because it glows fiercely for the first 2 seconds and lights up the entire lense (i replaced the reflector/lense with a hemisherical lense for a laser beam of light).

True

Newly Enlightened
Well, I've tried my sturdy screwdrivers as well, but just wouldn't come out. I was thinking of using snap ring pliers only I don't have any right now. Maybe it's time to buy some tools... :)

Latest posts