Run-Time Plot - ARC AAA White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
This runtime plot is for an ARC AAA flashlight with a white LED. At the end of eight hours, the led was still glowing but not putting out much light.

Equipment used is a photocell and a Radio Shack 22-805 multimeter with a PC interface using ScopeView software (V1.08).

The vertical axis is in MA and the horizontal axis in 30 minutes per division.

Be aware that your battery mileage may vary from that indicated by this runtime plot.

arcaaa-a.jpg

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Roy. I've been meaning to do a runtime test myself, but now you've done it for me.

One thing I'd also like to see is for someone to do some candela vs. time measurements for both the white and the turquoise.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Moon Mode is much more visible in an extended run. Whereas, with intermittant use, moon mode may not be noticed at all.

Peter Gransee

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done informal runtime tests and moon mode seems more prevalent with the Arc LS then the Arc AAA. I would associate moonmode as being at a sustained level of light for a period of time, however dim. I never noticed it. My findings more or less correlate to Roy's graph. A slow by fairly steady drop off at first and then a more rapid dropoff at the end but not a real period of steady light at any point although not too noticable the first two or three hours. At the bitter end, a pal light on standby mode puts out more light. With the Arc LS in low level output you might possibly be able to see enough to get out of the woods in a pitch dark situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts