Questions about my new LS 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all
It's nice to know that there are other people that have the same affliction that I do. This is the most intriguing web site that I belong to next to my sidecar club. I am an electrician by trade so most of what you engineer types and serious modders are talking about I can follow fairly well.
I finally took the plunge and bought an ARC LS 2nd first run #618. I love it.
icon14.gif
grin.gif
It seems to be a very well made product. It would be nice to know what things made this a 2nd . I have already made two different leather belt holders that will hold all configurations securely and put on a mag bumper with a spare lens under it. I have a few questions though. I have read a lot of the countless posts on the ARC LS but can't recall, is it waterproof/how much? Has anybody had any problems with the foil contacts on the bottom of the PCB wearing, peeling?
frown.gif
Can something be done to prevent any wear? Does it have the new optics? What is the highest permissible voltage to run through it?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the CPF Christoph! How did you find out about us?

So many questions!
smile.gif

1. The LS1 is not waterproof
2. none that I have heard so far
3. add solder
4. yes, the NX05 variety
5. Higher voltages are passed directly through to the LED and can burn it out. I do not recommend an under load supply of more than about 3.3 volts.

If you heard about the CPF from the Arc website, remember that the CPF is an independantly owned and controlled board. Arc, like everyone else, are guests of the system administrator.

Peter Gransee
Arc Flashlight

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow Christoph. Hows that for an answer. Straight from the Grand Poobah hisself. The Prez of Arc. Keep posting if you need more information. Have you got an Arc-AAA yet?

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Peter I found this site from Craigs LED Museum I have an ARC-AAA white. I have about twenty diferent flashlights six are led's several more are going to become led lights I plan to go with some l/stars for some of them.
Thanks Chris

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I am addicted to flashlights. I am more of a discriminating collector of reliable and useful flashlights, on an extremely tight budget. I look at my needs, current and future, do research, make a decision. Then when I can afford it, I purchase.

I am an ordinary, though disabled person. This affects my needs somewhat. I have lived out of a tent and backpack (in Hawaii), with nothing but an el cheapo - drive you crazy - penlight (I still have one kicking around here).

As LED technology came on the scene with the Nichia White LED, I started looking at the options. My first purchase in this category was the CC Trek. I have been hooked ever since. I heard about the CC Trek via Art Bell. I recently found the LED Museum and this led to Arc's Website and to this forum, to read up on the ARC LS, which led to my placing an order on Saturday Sep 14 for a second. A 5 hour runtime is about as short as I care to go, though it does fill a certain need quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts