Carrying a Draco on your keys!

Yota

Newly Enlightened
Who's carrying a Aluminum or Titanium Draco on there keys, and how is it holding up? Pics would be great. Thanks

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like mine too much to be assigned to my keyring. I consider a light on my keyring as a last resort back-up...so my Draco has been riding in my coin-pocket since the day I got it :)

helios

Newly Enlightened
I carry mine on a neck chain and use it every night at work. I gets knocked against handcuff keys and my pen and has not shown any signs of wear yet. Until I recently upgraded to the XRE (chrome) version I had been using the original for about 8 months without a single visible scratch. One tough little light with an incredible amount of utility. Bright enough to search an unlocked business at 3:00AM or dim enough to write a report in a blacked out car. I love my Draco !!!

ScarabDrowner

Newly Enlightened
got my chrome draco on a neck chain, and my AlTiN draco on my keychain. figure the AlTiN will outlast my keys ^_^.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received and has resided on keychain for many months, have upgraded to Cree.........still looks "new"!
123584856-M.jpg

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
here is what I found in the craft section of Wal-Fart(hate to promote them). Only $1.87 for 4 yrds each color and it is made in the USA. great semi-disposable, cheap, comfortable way to wear the draco around the neck. also no chance of damaging the finish with a split ring, etc. I am really getting used to having this amazing light so handy.

100_6657Medium.jpg

100_6686Medium.jpg

jlomein

Enlightened
Pumaman,

Thanks for the idea. I think I'm going to try that, along with a split ring for my Orb Raw Ns. The lanyard hole on the Ns is probably too small for that cord without using a split ring.

dig-it

Newly Enlightened
Anyone found a place to get plastic split rings? That would not be as strong as metal, but still more than suffice for the weight of the Draco. :candle:

jlomein

Enlightened
dig-it,

That sounds like an awesome idea as well. Plastic split rings should be less likely to scratch the chrome finish of the Draco.

Unfortunately I have not seen any, although I have never specifically gone out shopping for them.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
FWIW, here's my AlTiN Draco on January 31st:

mg9619smje9.jpg

Fast forward through biking in Chicago every day, getting dropped (a lot) on the concrete, in the salty dirty snow, getting kicked around in my pockets, in my bag, and just getting used a whole lot.

So, here it is about 20 minutes ago on my desk:

mg0563smlt4.jpg

Sorry about the fingerprints - a quick cubicle shot while no one's looking!

:) john

DM51

Flashaholic
I'm not going to put my TiCN Draco on my keyring. I don't want my keys to get all scratched up.