Which Arc AAA do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angus

Newly Enlightened
Which Arc AAA do I have?

I recently bought two Arc AAA's from Bright Guy. One is an LE and the other is the standard (white LED).

My question is which version of these two models do I have? They appear to have dissimilar characteristics (aside from the color I know).

For example:

1. The head in the standard screws in deeper than in the LE.

2. The metal lanyard attachment on the standard has a bevel on both sides. The LE is perpendicular.

3. The LED is more recessed in the standard than in the LE.

Do I have the 3.1v of the standard? Does the LE have versions or are they all the same?

I would appreciate if someone could detail certain characteristics of standard and LE models that could help me ascertain which versions I have.

Thanks!

Darell

Flashaholic
Angus -

I'd love to help but it is all but impossible to give you the answer you need. The LE was an odd duck since it was produced whenever SB1 LEDS were on hand at Arc HQ. The LE simply incorporated all the "standard" improvements that were in production on the standard models at the time of mfg. I don't think there is any sort of version number on any of the LE's though there have been several runs now (and the last run were effectively 3.1). The one sure way to tell if you have a V 3.1 is if there are French instructions on the back of the blister pack insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.