• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Brinkmann "3W/3AAA Aluminum" Upgraded to Seoul (809-1084-1)

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
BRINKMANN "3WATT LED ALUMINUM" UPGRADED TO WITH SEOUL SEMICONDUCTOR P4 U-BIN LED

NEW--TAKEN OUT OF PACKAGE ONLY TO UPGRADE LED...COMES IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING WITH 3 NEW ENGERGIZER AAA ALKALINE BATTERIES.

$39.99 SHIPPED VIA USPS PRIORITY MAIL CONUS...PAYPAL ONLY

ANOTHER SOLID FLASHLIGHT PRODUCT FROM BRINKMANN.

AS STATED ON THE PACKAGING (my comments in parenthesis):

- 3 Watt Luxeon L.E.D. for Extreme Brightness (now upgraded to SSCP4)
- Water & Shock Resistant
- Push Button w/Silent Signal Feature (forward clicky, momentary on and can stand on tail) :thumbsup:
- Tough Aluminum Housing
- 30 Times brighter than A Standard L.E.D. (although now much brigter with an SSCP4)
- Convenient Metal Clip

brinkman3w1.jpg

brinkman3w2.jpg

Last edited:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
As people may know, this flashlight sells for $29.99 at the department stores. Add the cost of the cost of the SSCP4 LED star and you will see that I'm not making much at all.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave:This appears to be a new model eventhough the model number is lower then their 3W 3AAA plastic flashlight that we've seen before. For a mass market retail product, these Brinkmann flashlights have been good with their build quality in my opinion...

So, any takers out there? How about some comments? :anyone:

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Hi ace0001a, I recently picked up one of these "new" lights (a least at my target.) It's a decent light, bright output and i like the solid build...though , how do you get the bezel/head off the body... mines on pretty tight...and how hard is it to mod., for a novice? Also, the unit that i purchased appears to have a slight defect at the reflector base.The reflector is misaligned, I want manaually adjust it. I like your mod., how much added output, and what's the beam profile look like?

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
groutboy_1 said:
Hi ace0001a, I recently picked up one of these "new" lights (a least at my target.) It's a decent light, bright output and i like the solid build...though , how do you get the bezel/head off the body... mines on pretty tight...and how hard is it to mod., for a novice? Also, the unit that i purchased appears to have a slight defect at the reflector base.The reflector is misaligned, I want manaually adjust it. I like your mod., how much added output, and what's the beam profile look like?

It took several tries with a good pair of rubber gloves along with gental heat from a blow dryer. The reflector wasn't hard fixed as I recall, so you will be able to align it when you get in there.

Happy modding man! :rock:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stan671, sent out this morning...hope you enjoy it!

groutboy_1: To follow up on the questions, the beam pattern with an SSCP4 is a little more floody than the stock LuxIII, but shining both against a wall from a few feet away and you can see that there is more light coming from the mod. The difficulty here is the labor involved in getting the head off. Inside there's a LuxeonIII Star that is screwed on and wires soldered. It's pretty straight forward from that point.

Stan671

Enlightened
Package received today, Jeff. Thank you very much. This is my first SEOUL-based flashlight and my first modded light. Probably the first of many more to come. My wallet is sighing.

Latest posts