L1t headlight problem

phatstorage

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with a problem.
I recently bought 4 l2t heads for a motorbike headlight, all four are wired in series, the four of them look great at full power (12 volts) however, i have an overheating problem and have been forced to reduce the power, (6 volts using a 3 amp pwm) could someone tell me just how hot they are allowed to get before any damage may occur, and what is the best way of heatsinking them?
i was considering getting 4 l1t bodies to see if that cures it, does the battery also contribute to heatsinking?
DSC00134.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreceated.

Newuser01

Enlightened
Hello and welcome to our forum. (I see that you are new!).
First and foremost, this should be posted in the "Homemade and Modified lights" section of the forum where more (OK, not intended to offend any1 here.) knowledgeable folks can help you.
Second, you would need to provide information in order to get the help you seek.

My limited knowledge on this is, if you mounted the heads on a piece of aluminum block (l1t heads threaded into the block and wire them from behind) would solve your heat problem. That said, I don't know much about voltage and currents on these heads and how much are getting to the heads "the way you have it wired".

More info on how you are provide volts and amps to the head at 6 volts would help too.

Regards and good luck with your mod.
Noob.

<<edit>> here is the bike light threads on this forum that may serve you well. Link.

Last edited:

Latest posts