which online postage service is best?

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in this as well. I primarily use paypals built in shipping, but their cheapest 1st Class option is around $4, even for very light items.

I've tried to use the tool on USPS's website and it's always given me problems.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Click-N-Ship.
Pro: They only charge the exact shipping and free delivery confirmation.
Con: No 1st class or ground shipping. Cheapest is priority mail. I type in all my addresses and save them.

I'm not a business and i like it. At my post office i just drop it off. No waiting in line. Some bigger offices have a separate drop box for them. I only have to wait in line to pick up stuff now. I know other guys who use ebay shipping but not familiar myself.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
dammitjim said:
I'm interested in this as well. I primarily use paypals built in shipping, but their cheapest 1st Class option is around $4, even for very light items.

I've tried to use the tool on USPS's website and it's always given me problems.

Are you sure you are looking at all of their options? I use Paypal to ship USPS several times a week, and they have all USPS shipping methods available. I use first class, media mail, etc. regularly. The shipping rates are the same as posted USPS rates, and delivery confirmation is actually cheaper, and free with Priority Mail. You can insure domestic packages up to $500 without taking them to the post office.

Also, you can do carrier pickup from usps.com, and your regular mail carrier will come and pick up all of your packages from your house, as long as you have at least one Priority Mail or Express Mail package. If they are all first class, you can just dump them in a mailbox, since mailboxes can be used for anything under 1 lb.

If you guys need more info, let me know. I ship an awful lot through USPS/UPS/Fedex/DHL for personal and business shipments.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
lumiphile said:
Are you sure you are looking at all of their options? I use Paypal to ship USPS several times a week,

I see a First Class option, but the cost for a Small Package/Envelope is minimum something like $3.80 regardless if the package is 3oz or 1 pound. Do you know how to ship small stuff with PP for less?

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Are you adding on extra services (insurance, etc.)? I just went to the link I posted above and I get $1.01 for a 3 oz. envelope/package, including delivery confirmation.

cy

Flashaholic
may have to try it again. never have been able to get paypal postage to go much under $4.

edit: just called paypal and they insisted you can print what ever amount USPS can. even if it's for one oz + del conf.

may have to start using Paypal online postage. for both address are already in PP system. no typing... simply print it out sounds good to me. will have to give it go soon.

thanks,

lumiphile said:
Are you adding on extra services (insurance, etc.)? I just went to the link I posted above and I get $1.01 for a 3 oz. envelope/package, including delivery confirmation.

Last edited:

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just tried it again and and got $1.01 like you said. I have no idea what I've been doing wrong in the past. Thanks very much, this will save me a few $$

Latest posts