• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Nickel Plate Maglites CLOSED 5-12-2007

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK - another run of Nickel Plated mini-mags. I prefer to do only new lights that are current stock (easy to get). This is only for Maglites. I have done a few non-maglites. PM me if your are interested

I also have some custom tailcaps available

Each light has to be completely disassembled and stripped of the factory anodize prior to going to the nickel plater. I do this work.

The cost for each is as follows:

Type.................Standard/Base..........Polish
2AA....................$45.00....................+6
2C......................$57.00....................+8
2D......................$59.00....................+9
3D......................$68.00....................+10
MagLED2AA..........$59.00....................+6
MagLED3AA..........$62.00....................+6

Body/Groove......+4
Head/Groove......+4
Custom Bead......+6
Square Cut……..+8
Finned head......+10

This includes first class shipping, delivery confirmation, in the US, for the AA size, or smaller, Maglites. International shipping, Global Priority Mail, is an additional $3.00 for most countries, not responsible for lost lights.

Please add $3.50 shipping on the C or D size lights in the US . International shipping on the C or D size lights will have to be quoted separately

The resulting standard finish is 'BRUSHED NICKEL'

Additional work I can do on these
Polish, Grooves, Custom Bead.

Custom Bead - I was looking for something a little different from straight grooves and fins. I can alter the size slightly - wider on the bead, deeper on the head. The body can't go deeper.

I can send along custom lights, I will not be responsible if they get lost or damaged. These are mailed to me, then to the plater, then back to me, then back to the original person. That's 4 trips through the mail.

Send me a PM for Paypal information.

PLEASE include the following in the Paypal Description:

Your CPF user ID.
Item you are getting.
Any additional work

I plan on leaving this open for orders. I have to order some of the lights, then strip them down and get them to the Nickel shop.

I can do a full bead head for the C or D maglites. There are 3 different size beads, large to small. This is a fair amount of work to do on the head - The cost will be an additional $17.50

The picture below represents the finishes;

Left to Right
Full Polish, Brushed Finish, Standard silver mini-mag.
nickel-2.jpg

These are a few different options for grooves, beads and square cut. The bottom light is just polished right now, I have to get it plated.
nickel-3.jpg

This is a D Maglite, beads on the head, square cuts on the body. This is not plated yet.
d.jpg

Last edited:

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nickel Plate Maglites open for orders.

Will,
Interested in the minimag at the bottom of the picture.
100_2132.jpg

Not sure if it is available to purchase or not. If it is, can a 2C can be done in the same pattern? Please PM me a quote on both if pattern is possible. Also will you have any tail caps available this run?

Thanks!

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

The one on the bottom is a 2AA. I can remove the knurling on the body and put in grooves. I can make the head similar, but the proportions will be different,

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened

I'm game, please send me a $ quote for one 2AA and one 2C.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

also interested in a 2C version of the one on the bottom, brushed finish. pm me with a quote.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

rcnuk said:
I'm game, please send me a $ quote for one 2AA and one 2C.

l want to measure the 2C head. I think it will end up with one less step. I will see if I can draw it out later this evening.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is what I came up with for the 2C - umm - I can machine stuff better than I can draw. Do you want more grooves, groove all the way, remove the knurling on the head, on the tailcap?

2c2.jpg

2c1.jpg

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I prefer no knurling(all brushed nickel), and likely 1 more step on the head and 2 on the body.

If you could cut it down removing the side switch and incorporate one of modamags C tailclickys into the design, that would be the ultimate.

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened

Will,
It's looking like the right track to me, for mine please remove the knurling on head /tail, groove all the way and make grooves as proportionate as possible with respect to the mini mag. I'm kind of going for the big and little brother look.:)
Thanks

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pumaman said:
If you could cut it down removing the side switch and incorporate one of modamags C tailclickys into the design, that would be the ultimate.

I am not familar with the tail clicky, can you point me in a direction?
- how much would it be cut down ?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

rcnuk said:
Will,
It's looking like the right track to me, for mine please remove the knurling on head /tail, groove all the way and make grooves as proportionate as possible with respect to the mini mag. I'm kind of going for the big and little brother look.:)
Thanks

The big difference is the proportion on the head, The C is just slightly longer than wide, the AA is almost 2 times longer than wide. I can play around a bit more tomorrow with this.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/159659

I could order one and send it to you for testing purposes, modamag is sending me something soon anyway. not sure about the length.
end result will be a short-as-possible tri-seoul 2C li-ion with a bflex run by the tailclicky(if possible)
or maybe a 1C direct drive tri-seoul tailclicky shorty.
something to consider

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened

Will,
I need to withdraw my interest in the 2aa for now but still would like you to press forward with the "big brother" custom 2C. Please send me a $ quote when you have a chance.
Thanks

rcnuk said:
Will,
Thanks

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

rcnuk said:
Will,
I need to withdraw my interest in the 2aa for now but still would like you to press forward with the "big brother" custom 2C. Please send me a $ quote when you have a chance.
Thanks

PM sent

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope to leave this open for another week. I think that I may have started this one too soon after the last.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are going to be plated with a run of custom tailcaps. I can provide additional tailcaps (mini-mag 2AA) if necessary. let me know

thanks

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened

Will,
I'm up for the 2C custom we have discussed and two tail caps (1 of each type). PM sent.
Thanks!

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have been going through my PMs and the Nickel thread to get everything in order. I have been asked to do lights other that Maglites. I have am pretty good at taking these apart and doing any kind of machine work on them. I can take in other lights for Electroless Nickel Plate. Some other manufacturers assemble with locktight and these do not come apart easily. Please PM me if you want to do something other than Maglites. Please make sure that you can take your light apart and send me only the aluminum parts.

Summary of what is incomplete at this time

Nebula - waiting on you..
Action - waiting on a light being shipped to me.
Flex76Italy, RCNUK - I have to do a better drawing of a stepped down 2C light with grooves.
Freyth - I have your requests and I will get to that in a few minutes.

I think that is all I have right now - If I missed anyone please let me know.

thanks for your interest.

I did have one question earlier about the durability of brushed vs polished. They should be the same. The shop uses a chemical process to apply the nickel plate, it would be the same for all parts. The only difference is the surface preparation prior to plating. The brushed finish is done with a 220 then 320 wet or dry silicone sandpaper. The polished lights get up to 1200 wet or dry, then various polishing compounds to get the shine.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just an F Y I - I did most, but not all, of the machine work on the various pictures that I have posted. The first post here lists what I can do on these lights, I can do variations, more grooves, deeper , beads and stuff like that.

will