How much brighter is the new LS2 vs LS1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodmeister

Enlightened
Sorry if this question was already answered before, but I can't find a thread pertaining to it.

I love my two LS1's and I'm eagerly awaiting the LS3, but wonder if the LS2 is worth the money. If it's only 50% brighter, I'll skip it and wait for the LS3.

Darell

Flashaholic
50% is a whole lot brighter, and I don't think the LS2 is that much superior in overall output. BUT, the shape of the beam is so different, that it seems like it is 100% brighter in the hotspot. If you like tight beams, the LS2 is the one to have. The LS3 has WAY more raw power than the LS1, but it is spread out in more of an area light.

Choices.... choices. Might have to have one of each....

Spork

Enlightened
i think getting in line for one will be the real problem

Gandalf

Enlightened
FWIW, I think the beam from the current 'low dome' Luxeons are just about perfect. Given the amount of light they put out, a tigher beam would make it too bright for close up work; which is what I use mine for all of the time. For people who have a specific need for greater throw, such as going for walks with the dog, etc., the 'high dome' Luxeons may be a better choice. But I wouldn't trade my LS1 for an LS2. In fact (and comeing from a hard core flashaholic....!) I really don't have any desire for an LS2. The LS3 is another matter, of course! It could actually *replace* many incandescent lights.
cool.gif

JohnG

Enlightened
From what I've been hearing, the LS2 could replace a lot of incandescent lights (throw) and the LS3 could replace flourescent lights (area).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts