Fenix L1S

Spin

Enlightened
I recently acquired the above light & like it very much. This is my first hi/low light. The 10 lumens on low for about 10 hrs runtime is fine with me. I like the simplicity of a single or dual mode light. What other single mode lights using a single AA battery will give me 10 or more lumens beyond a 10 hr runtime?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Most of the newer single mode Cree and Seoul lights are more focused on maximum brightness.
The Fenix L1D-CE(review 1, review 2) will run for over 20 hours on a charged Ni-Mh battery. The user interface is pretty simple, many people here like it. Over 10 lumen on low and about 60 lumen on high. The Jetbeam lights(Cree), C-LE(review, has PWM as in flickers on lower levels) and MKIIX should last for about the same time at the same brightness. Crees are twice efficent as Luxeons(the LED in the L1S) so twice the runtime with the same battery.

Last edited:

Spin

Enlightened
I appreciate the suggestion of the Fenix L1D-CE but as i stated previously, i only want a one mode light!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Lower then 10 lumen but has great runtime is the Gerber Infinify Ultra, twisty.
Inova X1, a little less then 10 lumen, overdriven led, use-able light for over 10 hours.

Both are pretty tough and single mode, both use a 5mm LED.