Mag SSC or Striker HC?

LowTEC

Enlightened
I'm planning to pick either a Striker with SSC@800+mA or make my own Mag [email protected], which one throws better? I know that one is using optic and mag has got a bigger reflector, and I've read Mac' mag SSC can reach 20000 lux, anyone has any accurate lux reading of the Striker SSC or a beamshot comparison will be a classic :whistle:

Thanx in advance

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't comment on the Striker, but I have a Mag that Mac made me with a single Seoul that puts out ~20,000lux on my meter with the modified stock reflector and UCL lens. I don't think that the Striker will be able to compete with the huge reflector in the Mag for throw. My Mag with the single seoul reminds me of my mini-HID in terms of throw...now thats impressive!

If throw is what you want, then the Seoul powered Mag is what you want :)

Edit: beamshots :)

Mac's mini-HID:
G-miniHID.jpg

Mac's Seoul powered Mag:
g-p4mag.jpg

Pics were taken on different nights. The lights were held at the same distance of about ~70yards.

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your beamshots are always nice to see Strauss:goodjob:

In view of throw, I can recommend the Mag-Seoul too.

Best regards

____
Tom

Mark Richardson

Newly Enlightened
I have used the Striker optic with the Seoul. Figures are as follows:-
9920 lux at one metre with optic modded for focus.
8650 lux at one metre stock.

Note that the transparency of the 'goop' over the die gives different results. A second Seoul with more translucsent stuff gave 8800 lux with the modded optic, although Note that the optic may have been slightly better aligned for the first LED. I think that tghis optic gives a good amount of spill in the corona and is very usefull.

MJR

LowTEC

Enlightened
Strauss said:
Mac's mini-HID:
G-miniHID.jpg

Mac's Seoul powered Mag:
g-p4mag.jpg

Wow, how's that possible? :laughing: It seems like a 65000 lux mini hid got out-throw by a 20000 lux SSC mag from these photos, :candle: