Flashlight with RCR123 or 14500 batteries

van Christie

Newly Enlightened
Since I have posted this in the wrong forum I'll try it here:

Hello,

been looking and surfing this forum for a while but couldn't find that much, ergo I'll just start my first thread.

Got a L1T with a CR123 body already but looking for a flashlight which takes either RCR123 battery (got the AW-138 Charger already and would get the AW RCR123) or 14500 (got the protected AW-14500 battery already).

Here are some other requirements:
Should cost max 70 dollar.
It must be brighter than my L1T.

Regards, vC

zapper

Enlightened
Seems like you have the right setup already. The best option now would be to send the light off to someone to swap out the Luxeon for a Cree. In Unknown's tests, a Cree modded LxT was just as bright as a production LxD-CE. About $7 for a Cree from DX and $10-$20 for mod services plus postage! Ask Unknown who did his or post the request in the Custom/Mod section.:grin2:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You could get a Fenix L1D-CE($55.50, fenix store, there is also a 8% discount with a coupon code) and run it on a 14500 battery or a P2D-CE($55) and it should work on a RCR123. Dealextreme and Kaidomain also have many cheaper lights that will work on Lithium rechargeable batteries.

Or you could get a Lumapower D-Mini ($53.95 at battery junction) or the Free.Light Spartanian for $40

Many choices for your battery selection.

Many of the newer Cree and Seoul lights are brighter then the Luxeon powered lights.

Mod the L1T light with a Seoul if you like the current beam pattern. The Cree should give you more spill light if that's what you want.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The upcoming Barbolight T-04 can handle a AA and CR123 in the same tube. I think it uses a spacer for the CR123. Have no idea of cost though.

FYI, the LxT with 14500 or RCR123 loses low - low becomes just as bright as high.

van Christie

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

thanks for the feedback so far.
True, Fenix LxD-CE and PxD-CE are wonderful lights but I would like to try out other brands.
The Lumapower sounds good. Will check out some reviews then.
Never heard of barbolight. Will check that out too.

Regards, vC