Greenridge backpacking/camping trip with pics

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my camping trip from last weekend. We did primitive camping off trail at sites we've created and take care of. Names abbreviated to protect the innocent. All our packs weighed in at 50-something lbs. to start, and probably around 45 when we left.
Me and C met J and S at our first site Friday evening. Was about 3/4 mile from the Ranger Station to our first site. Not bad, just going down a mountian then crossing a river. The Wolverine Prairie Hunter boots did well, and kept water out when it was just at the top of the boot while crossing the first river. They did not help any when crossing another river, when the water was up to our knees. Just had to hike in wet socks all day.
C,S,and J all had PT Auroras and I had a River Rock 2xAAA. Theirs flooded really nicely, while mine was pretty much throw. I like theirs better. I never even used my C3, modded Fenix, or all the AAs I brought, so they're staying next time.

After hiking to our 2nd site Saturday evening, S was feeling rough, said he had heartburn and an upset stomach. Got worse and he eventually went off to puke. The poor guy puked his BRAINS out, so forcefully he ruined a pair of undershorts, yeah it was that bad. We couldn't figure out what happened to him. We used a Katadyn filter for all water and the rest of us were fine. So, poor S had one hell of a night and a horrible 3 hour hike out of there Sunday.

This morning I awoke with the trots, and once I got to work( I had to show up, I relieve an overnight person) I continued to make bathroon visits, and that turned into a very rough puke session. So it seems whatever happened to S, happened to me too eventually. So now I get to stay home and drink ginger ale all day.:ohgeez:
Here's some pics:
A view from 1st site, the magic tree-doorway:

From 2nd site-

On the way to 2nd site the trail went onto a road, how nice for us!

A pic of a small waterfall coming over a cliff face-

From the lookout at the Ranger Station-

One with some glare:

My customary reward after a weekend out there. Nothing tastes as good:

Hi!

Bye!

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being that sick at home is miserable enough, but having to hike out with a 45 pound pack must have been intolerable.

Did anyone pack a small lantern or were the PTs and your RR sufficient at the campsite?

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had big fires and headlamps, that was it. I just used the C3/P90 for a few seconds for kicks, but it was completely unnecassary.

I justgot a responce from S, the poor basterd. He's finally starting to be able to eat again. It seems there's the Norwalk virus (http://www.dhpe.org/infect/Norwalk.html) going around his work and his friend there had it. Thus, be brought it camping with him. And since we all passed around cups and stuff, that must be how I got it. I had it a few years ago, and this is now my second sick day from work in 5 years, from that damned virus again! I've got all the symptoms, and it completely sucks.

I don't know how in the world he made it out of there with that pack, I can barely sit up straight or move.