Does this light exist?

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

I'd like to find a light like this, does anyone make or custom-mod one?

I'd like something about the size of a Surefire M6, give or take a bit. I'd like it to use a cluster of 4 or 5 CREE or Seoul LED emitters. 500-600 Lumen output, for 1/2 hour or more. CR123 battery powered (up to 6 batteries, no more), with LiION rechargeables as an option if possible, but not really necessary.

Does it exist?

Best wishes,
Bawko

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Would go with Milkyspit Modded lights.

A M6 head (KT4) with 637lm output (The Least) with 6xCR123A Primaries Over 1 1/2 Hours Of regulated time.

PM Him.

vortechs

Enlightened
Atomic_Chicken said:
Greetings!

I'd like to find a light like this, does anyone make or custom-mod one?

I'd like something about the size of a Surefire M6, give or take a bit. I'd like it to use a cluster of 4 or 5 CREE or Seoul LED emitters. 500-600 Lumen output, for 1/2 hour or more. CR123 battery powered (up to 6 batteries, no more), with LiION rechargeables as an option if possible, but not really necessary.
That sounds a lot like Peak LED Solutions' new 3 Seoul LED Volcano series, which also has a control knob for variable output and about a half dozen different battery options: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/160858

bridgman

Enlightened
Another plug for the QuadStar Phazer from EL. If you really feel that a short runtime is important I guess you could replace the 3 NiMH C's with CR123s :grin2:

Seriously, CR123s don't seem to offer the same ability to make a simple direct-drive LED light that you get from Li-ion cells or 3x NiMH cells. You would probably need a regulator and I haven't seen too many production lights like that.

I think Nerius is offering a multi-Seoul Mag with regulator... ??

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
bridgman said:
Another plug for the QuadStar Phazer from EL. If you really feel that a short runtime is important I guess you could replace the 3 NiMH C's with CR123s :grin2:

What's the runtime for the QuadStar Phazer?

bridgman

Enlightened
I think it was a bit over an hour. I think the LEDs are running around 1A each for a 4A total, and C cells are typically 5000-6000 mAH these days. Will try to find Wayne's post.

EDIT -- ahh, here we go. The QSP page on the Elektro-Lumens site says two hours continuous full brightness depending on cell capacity. Looks like Wayne is using the AccuPower 6000 mAH cells, at least that's what it shown in the pics.

url]

http://elektrolumens.com/QuadStar-Phazer/QuadStar-Phazer.html

Two hour runtime implies more like 700 mA per LED, which I guess matches with the 600 lumen total figure, ie 150 lumens per LED. If I get an hour I'm happy anyways.

EDIT EDIT -- another post talks about 40 minute runtime. 5 more pages to go :rant:

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Art Vandelay said:
What's the runtime for the QuadStar Phazer?

ElektroLumens said:
Battery life: 2 hours continuous full brightness. (Depends on Quality and amperage rating of batteries)

That's what the site says with said batteries. Now with them CR123's—:thinking:

DM51

Flashaholic
I reckon this crazy ol' Bird is up to something. He's going to take one of these lights and mod it with multi-colours, and maybe turn it into something like that big light display they used for talking to the aliens in Close Encounters of the 3rd kind.