F.Y.I. : another new led light at target.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Over the weekend I found a new Brinkmann 3 watt, 3 aaa , aluminum-tactical style flashlight. the body is gloss black, smooth handle surface, with alloy knurling spacer at the narrow bezel assemblie. it has a silent clickie, with a small, foward -facing, pocket clip that slides over the the switch. the clip of coarse can be removed. the light cost 24.99., and is about the same size as
the lx-styled 3 watt, but slightly thinner. it's got a little more heft. the output
is similar to the lx-luxeon...though, the unit that i purchased has a slight defect... the reflector base is bored-out a little to big near the emitter, and is misaligned by a hair....I can't get the bezel off, it's on pretty tight...I tested the light in my backyard at night, along with the lx-version...even with the defect,it brightly lit up a garage at about 30 yds. it producted a broad-beam at that range, giving the impression of a longer ranged 5 watt light...

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
dammitjim said:

Don't believe that's the same light. My Target has had that one for almost a year, but the one referred to above is made of aluminum and has just appeared in my Target in the last 2 to 3 weeks. I didn't get it, as I really have no need for it and it's a little too fat for my pocket, although it looks like a cool light.

flashburn72

Newly Enlightened
I have seen this light also at target have had them here for about a month.was gonna buy it but allready have the abs version..and I dont know y the abs version is still more 29.99 compared to 25.99

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it's been around since about February at my Target stores. It does look pretty darn cool for a mass market light and I am perplexed as to why the plastic one is $5 more than the all aluminum one.

A couple members mentioned that the plastic version were being clearanced for $5 but I've been to every one of my stores and they all ring up as $29.99 on the self scanners. I'm not a big fan of 3xAAA lights, but if the plastic ones were $5, I'd buy all that I could get my hands on.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Wow! I posted this thread nearly 7yrs ago!!!! And believe or not...My dad still has this light, and is working great to this day! Along with his old duty issued inova 85lm 2Nd Gen LED police light, brinkman lx 3 watt luxeon flashlights, a Dorcy K2 200lm Twist-on Taclight, and his favourite EDC light...An inova 4th gen 50lm 1aaa pocket light...!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! I posted this thread nearly 7yrs ago!!!! And believe or not...My dad still has this light, and is working great to this day! Along with his old duty issued inova 85lm 2Nd Gen LED police light, brinkman lx 3 watt luxeon flashlights, a Dorcy K2 200lm Twist-on Taclight, and his favourite EDC light...An inova 4th gen 50lm 1aaa pocket light...!

And that is why i keep pushing people to check out there stores such as Walmart Target etc,i am glad you posted about the torch after a 7 year break.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
Well, 7 yrs later...I'M thankfully still alive...Haven't been to target in a long while...And their flashlight section had been shrinking last time I was there. Last New lights at my local target were maglights pro lights! And low end energizer so called tac lights!?