• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired HDS B42 with SSC emitter

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a B42 for sale. It was recently purchased from Lighthound and a SSC Emitter was put in. The Bin of the emitter is USWOH. The emitter now is whiter than the emitter was taken out of the light. I have to sell this thing because I need the money to fix my laptop.

The light is all stock except for the emitter. The whole package is brand new, only the emitter was swapped. The beam has a donut at 3inches, if you want no donut or donut at a smaller distance I can do that for you.

The Light has button head screws, I will include filler screws and the stock screws. It will come with 1 MP700 cell. The light is not a tail stander.

The price is $215 shipped worldwide.

Last edited:

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's similar to the other SSC HDS light I've seen it's going to be alot brighter.

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
I was wondering if it would be any brighter than a P2D CE ? Fenix claim 135 lumens on max but to my eye it only seems about 20% brighter than my HDS U60 which I think is mainly due to a tighter beam. Any thoughts?

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one I saw was roughly equal in brightness to an Amililte T5 which has a claimed max of 140.

Walt175

Enlightened
My B42XRGT with a SSC was measured at 94 lumens. Animalhousepa's B42 non XRGT with SSC was measured at 155 lumens. I would say this one is somewhere in between.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SSC-ed Basic 42GT (not XR) is just a hair less bright than a Jetbeam C-LE on a 14500... I'm guessing my Basic 42 is right over 100 Lumens.

And just to throw out there, for folks that tend to use lower power settings a lot, after the mod, the Secondary setting after the mod seems to be almost as bright as the Primary setting before the mod except rather than ~10 hours runtime, you get about 32 hours runtime.

Gointothelight

Newly Enlightened
OK, I'm interested in this but need more info on the donut... you say you can reduce it or eliminate it but why would anyone want the donut... the lights I've had with donuts have been annoying... is there some benefit to the donut I'm missing? Also, would this come with the instructions on how to change the settings?

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
The donut is a result of leaving the reflector completely stock. To remove the the donut I would have to shave a bit off the edge of the reflector. I'm giving the option of having a mint reflector or a reflector modded for a better beam.

If you've owned a Fenix light with a Lux in it you'll notice at about 3 inches a donut appears. The donut with this HDS is the same thing.

I can print out the instructions from the website and include them with the light on request.