One more Scorpion question!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it waterproof or relatively water resistant enough to use in confidence during a heavy rainstorm? I'm strongly considering purchasing one for a car glovebox light as a brighter source to complement my glovebox LED light.

Well another question although first if of most importance. How much smaller is Surefire G2 then Scorpion? That was my second source and will buy if not convinced Scorpion is not suitably water resistant.

Brock

Flashaholic
The Scorpion is water resistant. I would feel comfortable using it in rain or snow, but not underwater. I feel the same about the G2.

The Scorpion is smaller then the G2, but not as durable. The nice thing about the Scorpion is you can turn it to flood if you need to use it for up close lighting.

I hate to bring another light in to the mix, but the UKE 2L is smaller, completely waterproof and has a 2.5 hour runtime. It is dimmer and the beam doesn't really compare, but it is cheaper to buy and run. Just a thought.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the quick reply Brock. I thought about the UK 2L but brightness is a higher priority. This is for the car and if I need an extended runtime light, I have the Inova X5 in there as well. I'm thinking strongly of the Scorpion over the G2 because of the cheaper and already present spare lamp. This is a light that might possibly go several weeks between uses so it doesn't have to be super durable. If not for the lamp situation, I don't mind paying the higher initial cost of a G2. Still it might be nice to see what a P60 lamp looks like compared to my E2......

Gandalf

Enlightened
Keep in mind that the Scorpion tailswitch can get accidently turned on in a moving vehicle with other objects in the glovebox. This is easy to fix/prevent, but you should be aware of it. One really cheap way of preventing this is to simply put the Scorpion in an empty TP cardboard core. Tape one end wide for the head, and flatten and tape the other, so nothing can get at the tailcap switch.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif