Huntlight FT01XSE XR-E Cree P4 HAIII Black

funeralplanner

Newly Enlightened
Who has this light and what do you think? I'm a LEO and I'm leaning towards this light. I have the other FT01 lights and love them. This light got a great review too. I tried the search, but it wouldn't work for me. Thanks for the help.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind the reverse clicky and no momentary on, the Huntlight FT-01 is a great light. I have the original LuxIII version and love it. I like the bezel down carry...so much easier to carry around and not get attention and "why are you carrying a flashlight" questions.

The FT-01 Cree is the brightest of the chinese Cree offerings. According to FLR tests, the FT-01 makes 139 lumens vs. the Lumapower M1's 115 lumens, and the FT-01 has longer runtime also.

If you want/need momentary on, take a look at the Dereelight in the Manufacturer's forum being offered right now. Cree and SSC P4 options (or both) with momentary and bezel down clip.

funeralplanner

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I checked out those others, and I think I'm just going to stick with the huntlight. If the cree is the same quality as the other lights, I'll be more than satisfied. I just don't understand the decrease in light with the 18650.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's an effect of the driver. I'm not sure what type of driver the Huntlight uses...some claim it's a Buck, but some testing I've done seems like it performs more like a Linear/LDO regulator. Regardless, it's the ability of the driver to regulate the output voltage depending on the input voltage. Apparently, at the higher voltage (2x123As), the driver can't hold the output voltage at the same level and it goes up resulting in driving the LED harder and more output.

ukmike

Newly Enlightened
I have the Huntlight Cree XR-E (2 CR123s) and also a 3W U2 style Cree from DX (1 18650) and i think that the DX light has a stronger beam and at a fraction of the price. Also if you dont need 5 brightness levels or S-O-S or Strobe and can put up with just High and Low without frills Maybe I've been lucky, but heh, on that basis i have ordered another from DX