My Arc LS Second arrived today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnG

Enlightened
There is an excellent chance you have a LOW DOME (Batwing) white emitter with the NX05 optics and not a high dome LS.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Charles! And John is right. Try as I might, I am yet to ship a High Dome (LS2) to anyone.

I hope the light provides you and yours many years of faithfull service.

Peter

Mike 161

Newly Enlightened
Mr. Gransee;

I would also like to thank you for an outstanding product. I agree with the comments of Mr. Bradshaw 100%. I received my "second" almost two weeks ago ("first run #1024"), and I use it most every day (with the 2 AA adaptor).

I am also thanking all the CPF members, who gave their reviews of this light; it was those opinions that motivated me to buy it. It turned out to be one of my better purchases.

Thanks again.

Mike

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Gransee, I want to thank you for the excellent engineering that you have and continue to put into this product!

First off, it has slight color differences from part to part (anodize color). However, the color is consistent in each part. The differences are actually pleasing to my eyes. There are no blemishs, just a slight (extremely small) nick on the lanyard hole on the single AA pack.

The color of the beam is White, and I was lucky enough to get a High Dome and it is perfectly centered.

To me, this is First Quality at Seconds price!

Mine is First Run #1148.

Now I know what all of you guys have been raving about!!

Pictures do not do this light justice by a long shot.

Whoever said this is the brightest single AA light, is NOT joking. I expected something a bit larger, but I guess those photos fooled me.

I am proud to be an Arc LS owner.

Mr. Gransee, I sincerely believe that you should continue the 1 watt LS and get production up to snuff, but, do add the 5 watt model when it is perfected enough for production. There is a market for both models, though I think the 5 watt market will be smaller.

Craig, Thanks for helping me make the correct decision to purchase this product.

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
cool.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update. I thought that the focus was the HD type. Guess the NX05 optics fooled me. At least it is a decent focus. I am sure that it will provide me with many years of excellent service, even though it is without warranty.

Now I guess I have to change the line in my signature.

I think I will start a new thread called LS Accessories, for people to describe existing mini flashlight accessories that work well with the LS. This will give us a number of resources to work with.
grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys!

Over time, you`ll notice that we pretty much put Peter on a pedestal, with the rest of the gods in the heavens.

Every once in a while the winds of change in Arc land seem to temporarily make him lose his balance up there, but he`s so good he`s never fallen off yet...and I doubt he ever will.

The mantra:

God bless Peter Gransee!
God bless Peter Gransee!

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.