Flashaholics: Tell me a little about yourself.

RdlyLite

Enlightened
After much reading, I seem to have this idea that we are all basically 30+ yr old males running around here.

Whats your age? And if you don't mind, are you man or woman? What do you do for a living?

I also ask becuase I would like to get a better idea of what demographic I like to hang online with. Plus, you can consider this a little updated, get to know you.

Me, first. Hehe. I am 27 years old and male. I am a blue collar guy who bust's his arse at a premium juicemaking plant.

***Perhaps this may belong in another forum. Mod move if you see fit.***

Nereus

Enlightened
I am physically 28 years old, mentally a bit less. :) My profession is it-consultant as can be seen in my profile. I hope my avatar tells you if I am a man or a woman. :sssh:

There are some women in CPF but most of them want to keep low profile, afaik. There is a thread in CPF cafe asking "how many women are there in CPF" or something like that. Found it, here!

-N

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
27 y.o. male, married. My occupation is general heavy equipment repairman, my profession is being a great husband(can I buy more lights now, honey?).

:buddies:

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
28 yr old male here...

Work: Implementation Project Manager with Sprint/Nextel

Also a full time MBA student. If you see me post a lot, chance are my assignment is not going very well :)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be 21 in about a week and a half.

I'm an intern at a small junior college, helping students find their way around, use the computers, learn about classes, etc., and helping teachers with A/V equipment and other minutia. It's a year-long position, and this is my last quarter. I am very glad to be able to surf CPF when I'm bored there with no tasks to complete (which is why I can be here for hours on end...).

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll chime in as the oldest poster in this thread at a staggering 43!!

Mentally is anybodies guess...

Oh, male BTW.

Profession is sound designer - TV mostly, Hyperdrive, Five days, Prime Suspect, Colditz, Jericho (No, the other one), William and Mary, Elizabeth 1, The Vice, Silent Witness, Jonathan Creek, Gormenghast, etc. etc...

(Did I mention I like torches??)

Be lucky...

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Physical age 34

Mental age "teenager"

I like shiney things.
smile.gif

CFU

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm 23, Male, and I'm in "sales".. (don't bash me because of it) but am in the process of switching things up and going to school again. One degree just isn't enough ;)

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I´m 25, male, college student, works part time as harbour worker, enough to keep my interest for shiny things running! :)

RdlyLite

Enlightened
Sweet guys. So far, I must say you guys are younger than I had anticipated. :grin2:

@tigerhawk- for some odd reason I thought you were older. LOL. Not trying to offend you. :)

See, that is why the thread may thrive!

nickz

Enlightened
I am going to be 28 in a few weeks. I work in the mechanical engineering (not an actual engineer, but designer) field for one of the top us refineries.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
RdlyLite said:
Sweet guys. So far, I must say you guys are younger than I had anticipated. :grin2:
I am probably much younger than you think,of course you could not tell that by my avatar, I am 15, will be 16 in four(4) months. I am still in High school. Since I can not liste where I work I will list a little about my self, I love to fish, hunt and ride four wheelers, and I love Guns, knives and of course Surefires.

Cheers!

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm 36 but like others here have said I am mentally much younger (otherwise how do you explain a hobby like flashlights :shrug:). Male. I'm an Operating Room Nurse (former Intensive Care Unit Nurse and Paramedic). The bold type is for those who like skim posts rather than read them. :)

lahjik

Newly Enlightened
29 year old male director of a school library consortium, professional library blogger, presenter (but also former elementary teacher and instructional technology coordinator). I guess with the blogging and a journal column, I am becoming a writer as well?

Haven't met any other librarians on here though...