running out of the HAIII neutral color Rexlight

LightHearted

Enlightened
Just got this email from Kai Domain. I'm fine with black:

"Hi all:

Thank you for your patience in waiting for your Rexlight light to be delivered.

Rexlight manufacturer is currently running out of the HAIII neutral color Rexlight. We have a lot of Rexlight REX2.0 (latest version) in HAIII black color in stock. We will be shipped the black ones to you instead.

If you choose not to receive the black version of the Rexlight, or would like to continue waiting for the HAIII neutral color version, or would like have receive your refund instead. Please contact us asap at [email protected] with your order # included in the email before April 26th.

Best wish

Kai"

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'm going to take that as good news. Although I could be upset at yet another change (shipping dates, PWM issue) I really don't care what color it is as long as it's HA III and get's here soon. And this email would seem to imply they will be shipping a bunch if not all by April 27th. And since he's still offering the option to wait for neutral or take a refund it all sounds good. If this works out as this email implies I'll be :clap: :clap: :clap:

havand

Enlightened
I'm still deciding. I ordered and have watched from afar as everyone has freaked out over this light.

I care about the color, but I have to decide how much do I care. The silver/natural looks quite a bit better to me. But, it IS a $30 light. How big of a deal is it to me?

*And to head off anyone that goes off about getting what you paid for, how dare they change this or that. Yes, I agree...to an extent. Preordered and took a chance. Seems I can still get my original preorder if I'm willing to wait an indeterminate amount of time. And the refund option is always there. Seems pretty fair to me.

gunga

Flashaholic
I cancelled and lost $7 to Paypal, so keep that in mind (I had 2 lights on order and paypal did a refund in Cdn $ to my CC, so more fees...)

vetkaw63

Enlightened
And this on KD about the Rexlight.

* Current Rexlight REX2.0 is confirmed not to work with two AA batteries. We will release an upgrade kit in the future to correct this issue. **

I'm waiting for natural. I have already emailed.
Mike

Robban

Enlightened
Up until this point I haven't really cared all that much about the changes but this is starting to get silly. What's next, emitter change?

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the name will change to Dexlight.... oh wait a minnit, there already is one :D

+ 1 on this whole escapade getting silly and misrepresented. Although the refund exists, as gunga brought up, there will be exchange rate losses.

Pre-ordering is securing $ before the goods, which should actually be more favourable to the dealer/supplier, and is not a good reason to have ridiculous delays, product changes and other excuses.

It just happens we are all suckers for the price ($30 intro price and an artificial spike to $50 if you miss it) so we all park our money willingly so as not to lose out. Even at $30, I can bet they are earning decent money.

I'm not usually one to pick on these economics, but when they start getting this sloppy, maybe they do deserve some flak.

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
vetkaw63 said:
And this on KD about the Rexlight.

* Current Rexlight REX2.0 is confirmed not to work with two AA batteries. We will release an upgrade kit in the future to correct this issue. **

Mike

I am going to send an email to Kai to see if I can get on the waiting list for the upgrade kit. Maybe it will come with the tube also. What do you think ~ $20 plus shipping?

havand

Enlightened
dardar said:
Maybe the upgrade kit will be only available to those who buy the 2AA tubes?

...and available for immediate preorder and delivery in 2011 :p Just kidding.

vetkaw63

Enlightened
PLEASE!
This Rexlight group buy frenzy was originally started by a 13 year old boy in Asia saying that he had seen the Rexlight. Nobody knew he was 13 when he posted. Somebody asked him to do a groupbuy. Thats when he stated he was 13. Of course he did not want to do the GB. Somebody posted saying that they would contact Kai and see if he would do it. He agreed. You all got in on it. You should have researched the GB history on this forum or at least read all the RL threads. I'm assuming half of all the whiners are 13yold's. The other half, too bad. Kai cannot possibly be held responsible for the delays, except where he demanded better quality. THANK YOU KAI!!!!!!!!!!
Please, All whiners, cancel your order, so that I will get mine faster.
I hate non informed whiners!
Mike

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm probably going to get a natural but would prefer black. If you get black and want to trade, PM me.

lightbug

Enlightened
Bah, another delay. Oh well, at least they have black color ones in stock. Guess better getting a different color Rexlight than waiting for another month for the neutral color.