"C" LS...is it time yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new power demands may not offer a great run time on AA`s. 123`s are great if you make them and want to make an extra buck off your customers.

I want a practical power option...am I alone?

Ken

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by KenB:
The new power demands may not offer a great run time on AA`s. 123`s are great if you make them and want to make a extra buck off your customers.

Ken
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I look at it the same way, Ken.
I think several of us on CPF are looking right now at reasonable alternatives. Can you say...."NimH'?
grin.gif

So far I'm thinking about the easily available 350mAh NiMH 1/3-AA cells (in a X4 configuration-4.8v) -at about $3.ea. Somebody else here mentioned a new 500mAh 1/3AA also, as well as the fractional "A" cells having even more capacity.

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by vcal:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by KenB:
The new power demands may not offer a great run time on AA`s. 123`s are great if you make them and want to make a extra buck off your customers.

Ken
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I look at it the same way, Ken.
I think several of us on CPF are looking right now at reasonable alternatives. Can you say...."NimH'?
grin.gif

So far I'm thinking about the easily available 350mAh NiMH 1/3-AA cells (in a X4 configuration-4.8v) -at about $3.ea. Somebody else here mentioned a new 500mAh 1/3AA also, as well as the fractional "A" cells having even more capacity.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I posted about the 500mAh cell datasheet but never found anywhere actually selling them. However I did find 400mAh 1/3A's that are readily available and posted in the battery forum about them just now.

Empath

Flashaholic
Acquaintances that follow my hobby and love of flashlights have never been overly impressed with the lifespan of my LED lamps. When shown a new light though, one of their first questions is "how long does the battery last on that one"?

When showing my LS lights and finding they haven't much more impressive battery life than an incandescent, most just remark "yeah, that's bright".

I'm not convinced those that haven't grown along with the advances of the LED is impressed with simply approaching and matching light output with incandescents. Other than the technological advancement, I'm not so sure I am either.

Steelhead

Newly Enlightened
C cells and full capacity on the 5w is the future.
No question to experience the full beauty of the new leds they must eventually be driven at full capacity.
STEELHEAD

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see a 2C pack, so it can be used with the pre-rev3 Arc LSes.

Heck, even a battery holder insert for 4AA in series/parallel for AA Lithiums would be good. Particularly if you can have more than one insert and some sort of carry tube (PVC with O-ring seal cap on one end, and sealed on the other). Maybe even 3 and 3, if it would fit. (that's 2 x 3AA in parallel for 6 cells). That would double or triple the runtime, depending on configuration. I know I would go for it.
grin.gif

I like the runtime curve of the AA lithiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.