How do I explain to my wife that I just placed 4 seperate orders today for new EDC's?

jernan001

Newly Enlightened
Order 1 - Fenix (1) P3D from 4sevens (this after already ordering (1) P2D last week)
paypal.gif
paypal.gif

Order 2 - (1) TLE-5EX from Led-replacement
paypal.gif

Order 3 - (1) TLE-5 and some CR123's from Lighthound
paypal.gif

Order 4 - (3) Safelights from the Wit's End
paypal.gif

I think ther could be a
whoopin.gif
in my future if I don't sell my old EDC's soon.
lolsign.gif

jernan001

Newly Enlightened
Re: How do I explain to my wife that I just placed 4 seperate orders today for new EDC's?

Valpo Hawkeye said:
Jewelry or flowers or both
But, those cost money and my pockets are empty now. :help:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Re: How do I explain to my wife that I just placed 4 seperate orders today for new EDC's?

You make sure that you give one of them to her because you're concerned about her safety. :) Then you don't have to tell a lie.

Sharpdogs

Enlightened

Patriot36 said:
You make sure that you give one of them to her because you're concerned about her safety. :) Then you don't have to tell a lie.

Excellent advice but she will catch on after the 3rd light you give her. I recommend making her dinner all week and cleaning the house. In the end you will still get in trouble but not as much.

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened

You:

1) Make sure you are the one that gets the packages and...

2) Hope the Missus won't notice, and if she does:

'What this?', she says as spots the P3D, 'bought that last week remember?' (Note that you shouldn't be holding the P2D in your other hand as you say this)

'More batteries?!', 'No, had those stashed away' etc.

Works for me, and I strongly suspect that my other half is at it aswell, I definately don't remember as many pairs of shoes, but if neither of us says anything we can both carry on
grinser2.gif

Fluffster

Newly Enlightened

After I spent 2 months making a 33 lbs chainmail vest* while doing tech support, my wife takes a relaxed attitude towards my hobbies...I had 6 simultaneous incoming orders at one point, and she barely raised an eyebrow.

*18000 steel rings or thereabouts

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nothing like a whole saturday afternoon gone shopping...

big beam

Enlightened

YOU LIE THROUGH YOUR TEETH

Then beg for forgiveness(It helps to have some tears in your eyes)

DON

riffraff

Enlightened
"It is better to apologize than to ask permission."

Or just explain that it would have been ONE order, not four, if one vendor would have had everything. (Yeah, the net result is the same, but it answers the original question: "How do I explain to my wife that I just placed 4 seperate orders today for new EDC's?"). :naughty:

Spin

Enlightened
1. Tell her flashlights are cheaper & healthier than going out with the guys.
2. Tell her she has more invested in shoes & comestics than you do with
lights.
3. Let her read how much money other CPF members spent on their lights in
comparison to your measley amount.

Spin

Enlightened
Oops! One more! An hour after both of you go to bed, turn off the circuit breakers and/or remove the fuse(s). She will eventually go to the bathroom & discover "No Lights"!!!!!! OMG! You will become Sir Galahad rescuing your damsel in distress.... "My Hero" she will exclaim!

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast

Balance is everything. It is said that every joy in this life is purchased with an equal amount of pain; therefore, I say take the wrath and enjoy the lights! :)

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is no question that some things are better left unexplained.

Not to mention:

Secret VISA card and Mail Drop.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sub_Umbra said:
There is no question that some things are better left unexplained.

Not to mention:

Secret VISA card and Mail Drop.
Agree 100%:laughing:
also my wife cant tell the difference between one light from another...nor does she really care to...

Gointothelight

Newly Enlightened

Tell her they're essential car repair parts and you're saving a bundle by doing the work yourself. My wife doesn't know a Fenix Light from a Fram Filter... and I plan on keeping it that way

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You are a Flashaholic, simple as that. But your wife might not understand.

Or don't explain to her, give her a flashlight and wait till she realizes how useful one is.

Either way, Good Luck.

nickz

Enlightened

Easy way to take care of it??? Step into the other room, basement, etc. Flip main breaker. Act confused for a few hours. Repeat as necessary.

nickz

Enlightened
Dang, I missed that but spin kinda beat me to it.

Spin said:
Oops! One more! An hour after both of you go to bed, turn off the circuit breakers and/or remove the fuse(s). She will eventually go to the bathroom & discover "No Lights"!!!!!! OMG! You will become Sir Galahad rescuing your damsel in distress.... "My Hero" she will exclaim!

Latest posts