Surefire 9P upgrade

velvetant

Newly Enlightened
Don't know much about flashlights so forgive me.
I would like to up grade my SF 9p to a LED. From what I read here LED'S last longer and with the latest technology some are much brighter.
What's a good drop in LED for my Surefire 9p that's brighter then my stock bulb.
Thanks for helping a newbie

mdocod

Flashaholic
first off WELCOME!!! nice flashlight BTW!

LEDs are definitely more efficient, but even with the brightest of the new LEDs, the outdoor performance won't improve much. The stock P90 lamp is already in the same ballpark of brightness as the best LEDs, and the P91 bulb upgrade(or many of the others available) will totally demolish any single-LED setup available currently. LEDs are a trade-off, more runtime, but the color rendering is poor. They also don't do as well in foggy/rainy/snowy conditions as the incandecent lamps.

so what I am saying is, if you are trying to decide what to do for an upgrade, keep in mind that an LED isn't necessarily better (personal preference really).

If you want to be able to run an incandecent lamp, without burning through those expensive batteries, you could always convert to a rechargable "guilt-free" solution. let me know if you are interested.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome to CPF!

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!