DX Ultrafire C3 mod

Aepoc

Enlightened
Hey all,

I recently purchased an Ultrafire C3 from Deal Extreme. I took the mini star out and swapped emitters with a UV Cree. All went well until I put a 14500 into the light and fried the emitter. I then took the mini star out again and put another working UV Cree emitter on it. Then I soldered all of the connections together and the light still didn't work. I tested the emitter-star connection and it worked fine. I believe either the circuit board is fried or there is a defective wire. Either way, I wish to take the circuit board out of the sandwich assembly without harming anything (especially the board). Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone successfully done this yet?

Thanks in advance

sparkysko

Enlightened
I don't have mine yet, so I'm just going off of the pics, but try some nails in a pair of pliers into the holes and twist the head.

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
I just got my C3 today. Put a new Ultrafire 14500 cell in it and clicked it on. It lite for a second and dimmed quick and went out. I cycled the switch again and it did it again. I turned it off quick thinking maybe I'm having a senior moment and this light is not rated for a 14500 like I thought it was.

I think I saw a little smoke, and I can smell a little bit of overheated electronics. All that from the light not having been on for more than a couple of seconds since new.

I then tried running it with AA NiMH but the tube is so small even my 1800ma cells won't fit :0

I got a few other lights from DX and Kai and I have to say this stuff is not made well enough for the general public...they need fiddling with to work right if they work at all. The only one that I'm happy with so far is the U2 style Cree light, it's the only one that works like it should right out of the box.