What do you think about Flippers?

greenstuffs

Banned
I'm just curious, lets say you sell a flashlight thinking to pass a good deal to someone just to see your same light couple weeks later with a for sale with a higher price.
I know most of the people here are very nice and i was able to get great deals, i usually pass the same deals to the people.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't bother me in the least... Once the other person has paid for it, it's theirs to do with as they please.

If I happened onto a 69 Boss 302 for $4500, I'd buy it in a second and sell it either sell it for as much as I could, or I'd sit on it for a while for the sole purpose of letting it increase in value... Then I'd sell it for as much as I could.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I personally don't like it, and would never sell a light to make a profit. At the very most, I'd mark it up 3% to make up for PP fees and maybe add $5 for shipping, but I see this as place as a big family or community, and since I wouldn't want to pay more for a light than what it cost brand new, I would do the same if I were to sell one.

But, if demand increases supply, there's always going to be people taking the opportunity to make money off of that "advantage". :shrug: And I don't think anything differently of those people - more power to them if they can sell a light for twice of what it cost in the first place. It's just not something I agree with. :)

john

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
So... are you saying that if you had bought a limited edition ARC at the discounted price, and you decided to get rid of it because you never used it, you'd sell it for $5 more than you paid rather than selling it for the going rate which may very well be $100 more than you originally paid?

I'm all for a sense of community, and I (as well as many others) have given away lights to CPFers I've never met, but that makes as much sense to me as taking a used car into a dealership, they offer you $5,000 for it, and you say, 'No thanks... I'll just take $3,500.'

I mean, to each his own, but I just don't know about that.

jch79

cratz2 said:
So... are you saying that if you had bought a limited edition ARC at the discounted price, and you decided to get rid of it because you never used it, you'd sell it for $5 more than you paid rather than selling it for the going rate which may very well be $100 more than you originally paid?

I'm all for a sense of community, and I (as well as many others) have given away lights to CPFers I've never met, but that makes as much sense to me as taking a used car into a dealership, they offer you $5,000 for it, and you say, 'No thanks... I'll just take $3,500.'

I mean, to each his own, but I just don't know about that.
A used car dealership, at least to me, doesn't have much in common with CPF :shrug: or at least how I think of both of them!

That said, whatever the light, I'd sell it for what I paid for it. I did post one light for sale on CPF that was marked up a little less than 9% - but I sold it to the person for what I paid for it, plus 3.5% PP and $5 shipping. ;)

But like I said above, to each his own, and if someone's willing to buy for a little more $$, then by all means, sell it to them for it! :)

john

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
A used car dealership, at least to me, doesn't have much in common with CPF :shrug: or at least how I think of both of them!

That said, whatever the light, I'd sell it for what I paid for it. I did post one light for sale on CPF that was marked up a little less than 9% - but I sold it to the person for what I paid for it, plus 3.5% PP and $5 shipping. ;)

But like I said above, to each his own, and if someone's willing to buy for a little more $$, then by all means, sell it to them for it! :)

john

I hear ya... And I wasn't meaning to be contrary at all. Off the top of my head, of the probalby 100 lights I've bought and/or sold, the only ones I made a profit on were some Infinity Ultras I got on clearance... And I'm pretty sure that small profit was offset by the few lights I donated for one of the Christmas giveaways.

jch79

Yep... I need to do more of that giving away sorta thing! Hmmm.... :thinking: what of my lights do I use the least? :)